Chapter 13. DRUNKIN' DREAMS

Start from the beginning

And then... no pain at all. "Oh.."  I let out a relieved exhale and plopped my head back. The nurse chuckled at that. I think I heard a small puff of laughter come from Tiff too, but couldn't be sure. I looked back over at my hand, and saw that Maureen was weaving a needle with string in and out of my flesh, I lost it. It was so barbaric, so disgusting, I lost all the contents of my stomach, all over stick a needle in your flesh, Maureen.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CASPIAN.

My God Samantha was in grave, grave danger and there wasn't a thing I could do about it. I screamed out in anger, feeling the fracture, I knew I had fallen. I lost my wings... and why not? I failed to protect her, my charge, my love. How could I dare refute, the fact that I had failed? How could I dare call myself an Angel of heaven? It's all my fault, and I deserved everything I could get, in penance for my sins, and so much more. The thought of not being able to reach Heaven any longer... the only place I have ever known, aside of this plain, the only place I have ever called home... 

It was hard to think of anything, but her, every move I'd made, every decision I've made, she was the at the base of, she was the end game. Knelt, with my hands bracing the ground, broken and shaken, I could see the blood of my wings pooling around me. My hot, thick, tears of blood dropped in heavy scarlett plops to the cotton candy colored floor. And before I had any mourning time I was assaulted once more with a vision..... I've done this before, been here before, but not like this...

It was Sam at the hospital ER, right after the accident. She was in and out of consciousness, but it was deeply evident of the unfathomable agony she was encased in. She was in such pain, that she had begged, begged for death. I hadn't the ability in me, to give it to her, well I did, but I wouldn't... 

So I stood and watched, contemplating my next hazardous move. I had already done so much damage, by not ending her life, to both herself and I, and now, here she lie, in unspeakable pain. What have I done? Me, then, thought.

"DO IT! DO IT! KILL ME PLEASE!" She had screamed out so loud, with such force, I could hear her stomach heave. No one was around, in a busy hospital, but her and I. I had the ability to project ideas and scenarios into humans,as many as it took, as did all Angels. 

And so the entire hospital was under the assumption that the critical arrival room 14, didn't exist. And here she and I were, though she hadn't a clue that I was there. My mind was racing, trying to find a solution, a way to take this all back... But there was no solution, there was no way to take any of this back...

I paced back and forth, back and forth, casting wary glances Samantha's way, for I still contemplated her end. Not once thinking, t'was a way out for me, but for the sake of ending her pain. It was all too much. Somehow, in between her howls, I had drifted closer to where she laid. Unable to help it, my chest began caving in, horrendous despair filled me, causing the Angel light within to shine through.

I became warm, ignited, weightless. I felt my wings expand, the blinding light they unleashed shining down on Samantha. Her head had involuntarily jerked towards me, and the light I was exuding, it was then Samantha had taken a turn for the worse. She was convulsing violently, blood was spurting from her wounds, blood began trickling down her ears, nose and spewed from her mouth. She was nearing her end...

As the Me, now,  looked on at the Me, then, in this vision, I began to feel very, very peculiar. My weightlessness feeling intensified but in the Me now, which is impossible and then I felt an insatiable tugging at my essence inside my vessel, at the Angel light within. Soon, the tugging turned full throttle, and I left my Body now, and traded places with my Body then, I was absolutely stunned!