Chapter 16

~Phil's POV~

Its been one month since Dan's accident that sent him to the hospital and since the day I broke up with Trinity. I really thought Trinity was the one for me, but it turns out she wasn't. I haven't seen Dan since that night. I felt guilty for not seeing him, saying I am the one that lead him to his suicide decision. I wanted to see him. But I don't think he would want to talk to me, especially after that event. I haven't left the apartment for a month either. Today is the day I decided I would. I wanted to go to the shops and buy something for Dan. I walked down to the shopping center through the breath taking January chill. I entered a store called The Soulmate Garden.
"Hello sir!" The chirpy sale's lady said when I walked into the store. I gave a shy wave. The woman looked a bit over 40 and had short red hair with a gardening hat on. She had green eyes and a purple shirt with a pink and purple apron. Her name tag read 'Anna'
"Is there anything you're looking for?"  She asked her hands behind her back.
"No thank you." I said in a quiet voice.
"Alright. The plants and flowers are over to the left half of the store and your outside equipment are to the right side of the store. Alright?" I shook my head 'yes' and walked. I looked for about a half and a hour when I saw the most magnificent bouquet​ of flowers. They were red and white roses and a card that said some meaningful and inspirational things. I looked at the price. £35.00 pounds. I bought the flowers and card and left. I checked the clock: 6:45 p.m. I unlocked the door and entered my apartment along with taking off my coat. When I was taking my shoes off I heard the sound of shuffling coming from within the apartment. I grabbed the nearest vase and walked down the hallway. The noise was coming from Dan's room. I crept in the room to see my real true love and soulmate.

"Dan?"