"yeah, i'll see you later, maggie...alright. bye" sonia ended the call and put the phone back on the wall. she looked at it for a while, until turning around, only to met with eddie's back staring at him from the kitchen table. 

Sonia thought eddie hadn't hear the phone call, which made her play it cool as she arrived at the kitchen. 

"why do i still see food on that plate?" sonia said as she walked back to the stove and began making her own breakfast. 

"because you have eyes" eddie replied bluntly, hurt by the fact that his mother had lied. 

"oh eddie..." sonia murmured. "don't be a smartass" 

"what's that?" eddie asked, lifting his tear welling gaze from the plate. 

"something you are" sonia replied. 

eddie clutched his jaw and swallowed his anger. "who was on the phone?" 

"huh? Oh, it was just the work" sonia waved her hand as to move on with the subject. "i thought maybe we could see what old toys and clothes we're going to sell on the flea market" 

eddie didn't want to reply anymore. he just wanted to be with richie and hug him. Richie would understand. Richie always does. 

"eddie? what do you think?" 

"fine" eddie replied quickly, wanting to be over with this conversation. He looked at his mother, who was back faced to eddie. then he dragged his eyes to the trashbin behind him. He gave one last look at his mom, before silently getting up and emptying the plate in the trash. 

"i'm all done, mommy" eddie said. sonia turned around and smiled. "good. you can go see the old toys in your room now...I'll be there when I'm done eating" 

eddie nodded and walked to his pink walled room. The color always made him smile. Maybe it was odd to have pink walls for a boy, but eddie enjoyed it a lot. And so did richie. eddie walked to his closet, where he kept his old toys. there was a box full of old stuffed animals and plastic figures. 

he sat down on the floor while picking up the toys one by one. 

not long, until sonia kaspbrak had appeared by the door. "have you found any?" 

"yeah, these" eddie pointed at the big pile of toys on his left. sonia nodded looking at the toys a bit, before fetching a plastic bag for them to be stuffed in. 

she sat on eddie's bed whilst putting the toys in the bag. she glanced at the head of eddie's bed, noticing the teddy bear what richie had given.  

"how about this? I bet someone would pay off this nicely" she shook the bear in her big hands. 

"yeah..." eddie mumbled, keeping his eyes on the other toys, not really listening to his mother right now. 

sonia smiled, knowing extremely well that this teddy was the one richie gave. She shoved it in the bag and ruffled eddie's hair, which got him off guard. he flinched a bit, but smiled after relaxing. 

and so they continued putting the old, useless toys away.