Chapter 16- don't go

Start from the beginning

         As I went home, I kept thinking about how defensive Ji-won was over Jungkook. She seemed to care a lot for him, but I guess it's only natural since they hang out a lot these days...

         I shouldn't worry, since she did just kiss me on the cheek and all, but it left an unsettling feeling in my stomach. Why is it that I hadn't defended him too? He's one of my best friends, I should've said something.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SONG JI-WON'S POV, next day after school

I sighed, putting my head down on the desk. It was the first 10 minutes of our second day of detention, and I finished the last few pages of my book. I should've thought to get another one since I was so close to finishing. Now I had nothing to do, since I had finished my homework during lunch and advisory.

"I feel pretty awkward with that camera in here." I mutter. I can't stop thinking about last night, me and Hoseok were so close. My father got all pissed and said he didn't want me going to Jungkook or Hoseok's house for a while.

Also, what Ms. Lee whispered to me still lingered in my mind.

"Haha, this camera also lets me see how much you and Jungkook flirt throughout detention! So cute, I ship you two so much!"

I got goosebumps. Me and Jungkook? That's something I had never really considered. And for some reason, when I thought about it I had to bite my cheeks to stop a forming smile.

"Then let's get out of here," Jungkook said from his seat a few desks away, snapping me back to reality. I rolled my eyes.

"You must be crazy." I reply lazily.

"Seriously though. Ms. Lee probably won't even get mad when she wakes up." He said, getting up and slowly walking towards me. "I mean, if I have the right idea of what she whispered to you yesterday, then do you really think this detention was because of us talking in class?" He asked, cocking his head to the side and smirking.

I peer at him but don't reply. "Come on, don't pretend you don't know." He said, with a playful tone in his voice. When he was right next to me, he squatted down and put his arm around my chair, leaning his face fairly close to mine. "She set us up." He whispered.

"You do realize she's getting all this on camera right?" I said, blushing lightly.

He leaned in a tiny closer. "Good for her, she'll be satisfied." We stared at each other for a million long moments, and I didn't miss his gaze flicker on my lips in one of them. Finally, he spoke. "So let's go."

He stepped away from me and stood up again as I said "Where?"

          He gasped. "Wait, for real? You're actually skipping with me!" He asked excitedly. I look away. "You know, Ji-won, I'm almost proud of you." He said with a grin, taking my hand and dragging me out of my chair. We made our way towards the door.

         "Jungkook wait where are we-"

     "Just come with me." He said with an inviting smile as we left the room. I felt tingly in my stomach, we had the whole school to ourselves, completely alone. Something about that made me a little excited.

         We ran through the halls, something I'd never do during school, his hold on my hand not leaving. He squeezed it gently as he dragged me with him, and I could only think two things:

        He has a girlfriend

And

         This feels kinda nice