72 | ready for it

Start from the beginning

-Chance-

"That won't be needed." A sudden voice said from behind us and we all turned around to see the most unexpected figure standing at the door.

"Alpha," Katherine whispered, her eyes showing her surprise as we all looked at the 40 year old walk into the room.

"I got a call from the Alpha who had witnessed your fight and he told me everything." He shook his head in disappointment and pursed his lips.

"I don't even need to mention how disappointed I am with my son. I had always known he's the rebellious one. But his mother...she trusts him too much." He sighs, "but anyways, I feel like I owe you an apology, Chance." He looked at me. "From my son's side, I apologise to you for having put your mate in such a dangerous situation..."

I kept shut, I didn't really know what to say. To be honest, I didn't think that he should apologise for his son's deeds, because he didn't deserve this.

"But I'd say that I am upset because of what you did too, Chance." He frowned at me and gave me a stern look. "That poor girl didn't deserve the way you treated her, and had this not been such an emergency situation, I would have lectured you real bad. But since you've know seemed to assemble yourself together, I'll help you."

"You have my permission to take my warriors. I'll give them the orders and they can't refuse to them. I won't come with you, because I have to keep an eye on my own son here, to make sure that he doesn't create more nuisance."

"Thank you, Alpha. Thank you so much—" I begin saying, not being able to actually express how much the help meant to me when Ryder grabbed me arm and started pulling me towards the door.

"Alright we get it, Chance. Now we have to hurry up, we don't have eons."

I nodded and send Alpha another grateful look before jogging out of the room.

<><><>

"Alright, so here we have the map laid out in front of us, and we suspect them to be somewhere here...right?" Ryder looked up at me for confirmation and I nodded.

"Alright, so my plan is that Katherine and I will attack from the front first, and then, you can enter with a couple more warriors. Rest of the warriors can attack from the back along with Katherine's father and brother."

I nodded again, trying to concentrate. But I don't know why my brain was diverting everytime. I was trying so hard to listen and make sense out of his words, but it was like they were buzz to my ears and I kept spacing out.

"Chance? Are you okay?" He clicked his fingers in front of my face and I blinked, trying to focus but it seemed hazy.

I was sure that I was going through the most bizarre thing on earth when I felt a pain start from the bottom of my abdomen to my chest.

My eyes widened and I gasped, doubling over. This pain was like fire. Like nothing I've felt ever before. I had thought it was horrible, but then it reached my heart and I realized how much worse it could get.

My head started hurting and whenever I closed my eyes I could hear screams in my head. They were not very clear, but they were there.

It didn't me anytime to recongnize the voice.

'Lupus, what's happening?' I asked, even my voice in my head was shaky and I fell on my knees, my entire body burning in the impact and there was just so much pain in my abdomen and my heart that I felt like I could throw up.

I checked if he was even there— and he was, he indeed was— but he looked so paralysed. Like he was in shock.

'Lupus?' I whispered, it hurt even more to see him like if possible. His eyes looked blank and he looked like he had seen a ghost, like his dreams had been shattered and like he could never be alright again.