50 dollars and no pudding

< Iris- Goo goo dolls>

And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
And sooner or later it's over
I just don't wanna miss you tonight
And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand

<Freaking out- Spencer Sutherland>

I get insecure, that makes me sick, yeah
I'm trying to find the cure for all this shit
Oh woah
So I try, but you welcome it
Through having a fight so we fuck through it

I SAT ON THE BEACH, SMILING, staring up at the sky. I didn't know why I was happy, I just knew everything felt perfect. The water hit my skin as I sat up, watching the pitch black water hit my skin then retreat into the ocean.

Everything warped into a room, I sat on the floor by an open closet and my hands were digging through a shoe box. I didn't know what I was doing, but yet I knew at the same time. I grabbed a red ring with a golden band from the box, staring at it in confusion.

Nostalgia wiped over me, overtaking my body. My body hunched over the ring, wanting to protect the thing for some reason. I looked over my shoulder, finding someone familiar sitting behind me, I frowned, glancing back and forth between the girl and the ring.

I shook my head, next thing I knew, I was sitting in a chair across from a casket. I looked around, finding everyone dressed in black and frowns over their damp cheeks. I tilted my head to the side, finding a child sitting besides me.

I grabbed the little girl's hand, squeezing it in my own. I was feeling mixed emotions, I just couldn't pin point which I was feeling the most. Pain was the most prominent one, but it wasn't physical- more mental. My heart was hurting as I held back the tears brimming my eyes, instead I focused on watching the grass sway side to side from the wind.

~~~

"Fuck," I hissed as I rubbed my blurry eyes, waking up from my nap. I had the same dream for the tenth time this week, it's getting creepy at this point.

I stood up from the bed, stretching my arms over my head and running a hand down my face. "Ethan!" Cynthia called, startling me as she sat at the desk by the small Tv. "You're awake finally, now we can go swimming." She grinned as I slowly nodded, running a hand down my face.

"Maybe later, I'm not in the mood." I yawned, moving towards the mini fridge underneath the marbled counter. I opened it up, finding nothing but bottles of vodka and walnuts. Paying fifty dollars for this damn hotel room and there's not even a single pudding cup in here, I groaned out loud and laid on the floor.

"You know, there must be like millions of germs on the floor," Cynthia informed me as she stood up and only now did I notice she was in her favorite red two piece bathing suit. Towering over me as I laid on the floor, her lips twisted in disgust. I rolled my eyes, twisting my body to turn away from her.

"It's cleaner than your mouth," I spat as I remembered why I took a nap in the first place.

"God, you're still mad?" She asked as if I was acting absurd. I scoffed, crossing my arms over my chest even though it was very uncomfortable laying on my side.