The Moon

The moon will guide you through the night with her brightness, but she will always dwell in the darkness, in order to be seen.  

-----------------------

"Hello?" Moonbyul greets the other person on the phone.

"It's way past midnight. Where are you?" Yongsun asks with her leader-like tone as soon as Byul answered.

The concern that laced Yongsun's voice shouldn't make Moonbyul that happy but it did.

"Really?" Moonbyul asked, visibly surprised as she looks at her wristwatch to check. It's already 1 am in the morning, she didn't realize Wheein and her have been walking and talking for so long. "I didn't notice the time until now." she states.

"Just please tell me you're on your way back." Yongsun solicited.

Moonbyul could imagine Solar crossing her arms on the other end, causing her to smile.

"Yes." Moonbyul replies. "We'll be there in no time." she adds, trying to ease Yongsun's worry.

"Wait- we?" Yongsun couldn't help but ask. 

There it was again, the unsettling feeling nagging on her whenever Moonbyul's a little too close to another person or whenever she as much as hears Krystal's name.

She wonders who Byulyi could possibly be with this late at night.  

"Wheein-ah." Moonbyul replies.

Wheein felt pathetic at how quickly she looked up, thinking that Moonbyul called for her, but it turns out that Yongsun probably just asked who she's with.

Her heart throbbed at how Moonbyul seemed too absorbed with her conversation with Yongsun that it looked like she forgot Wheein was even there.

It wouldn't be the first, Wheein thinks, but it hurts all the same.

Hearing Wheein's name should've put Yongsun's mind at ease, but for some reason she feel it didn't. She didn't know why exactly, which is nothing new, considering that she can't seem to understand her feelings lately. "Take care on your way home then." she said, putting her thoughts aside.

Moonbyul almost says that Solar didn't have to wait for her, but she holds herself back; she didn't want to assume. She didn't have it in her to expect, only to be met with disappointment again. "Yeah, don't worry."

"Okay." Yongsun replies before she ends the call.

Finally, Moonbyul turns to look at Wheein again.

"It's Yongsun." Moonbyul informs her.

And Wheein almost laughs out loud, because Moonbyul said it as if it wasn't obvious with the way her face lit up when she saw the caller ID on her screen, as if the way her voice was so gentle and how it seemed like Wheein vanished in thin air wasn't a clear indication that it was Yongsun who called.

Of course its Yongsun.

"I figured." Wheein answers instead, hiding the bitterness her heart was feeling somewhere beneath her mouth.

---------------------------------------------------

"Wheein-ah." Moonbyul calls out after a long series of silence, Moonbyul wonders why Wheein was silent all of a sudden, but she figures the shorter girl was already sleepy, they did have a long walk, Byul recalls, trying to make sense of Wheein's sudden shift of mood.

Wheein turns to look at her unnie.

"Do you want me to carry you home?" she asks, pulling away her hand from her pocket and grabbing Wheein's wrist, causing the girl to stop her tracks.