Waves

Yongsun's POV:

I thought it was okay.

That everything will fall into place if we just let things be.

If we just waited until both of us were ready.

But I guess, the world we live in is too fast-paced, that if you couldn't stride along with the waves, you'll drown.

I was never ready to tell the world, while she was so eager to do so.

So when the time caught up with us...

...I could only watch her.

--------------------------------------------------

"Unnie." I could clearly see the shock on Wheein's face as soon as I opened the door. I didn't know why but in the pit of my stomach I knew something was wrong.

I felt the same unsettling feeling that nags on me whenever Moonbyul's a little too close to another person. The same feeling I felt when I knew they were together so late at night, a year ago.

It was so trivial, but I remembered. I remembered that night that they went out. I know it shouldn't mean anything then, but somehow it stuck to me. I guess somehow I always knew. Even before Byul knew. I just didn't want to address it. I never thought I'd have to.

Wheein likes Byul.

And somehow...

...somehow Byul likes her back.

Because in that split moment that I opened the door, I saw them.

I saw how Wheein looked at my girlfriend. And how I wish I saw how Byul is looking at her, but despite not seeing it, I saw how Byul's eyes widened a little when she realized that they weren't alone anymore.

As if what they were talking about was only exclusive for them. Like they were in their own little world for a moment, and I just invaded it.

Me...

I couldn't help but chuckle a little.

I couldn't believe I'd ever be the one invading.

But it definitely looked and felt like it.

"You're home." Byul says, standing up as she smiles that smile that never failed to weaken my heart.

She almost stumbles back but Wheein was able to catch her.

And I know it shouldn't hurt this much but it hurt like hell.

I should be the one holding you, Byul. I should be the one fixing you up, but why does it feel like you didn't need me? It feels like you didn't need me today to fix your day. I was so prepared to make it up to you because I know today didn't turn out like you wanted to. But it seemed to me like you're doing just fine without me.

I don't know if it's selfish to wish that I arrived with a drunk messy Byul. But I did anyways. Maybe then I wouldn't feel this dread lurking in my mind right now.

Is it really selfish to wish that you weren't so happy despite my absence?

Lately, it feels like Wheein's presence is enough to make Byul's day.

And I hated it.

I wish I don't notice. But I do. I so do...

But I shake off my thoughts away. "Let's go to our room." I said as I walked towards them, placing a hand on Byul's arm and guiding her to our room as Wheein stood there.