Moon and Sunrise

[🐺] [🌙]

---------------------------------------

There she was; sitting on their sofa with a beer in hand. She has known Moonbyul for years and yet, Wheein still wonders how she could sit there and look so beautiful without doing anything. "Unnie." she calls her.

"Wheein-ah" Moonbyul acknowledged offering a smile that didn't reach her eyes. Moonbyul tapped the space beside her; a cue for Wheein to sit beside her.

The younger singer gladly complied, as always.

Moonbyul knows that things between them are different now; the silence that settled between them at that moment was heavy; there were words floating in the air that remained unspoken.

"Did you have a fight with unnie?" Wheein asked knowingly, Moonbyul is only ever this silent when something's wrong with her and Solar.

This has happened before. This is all too familiar to both of them, and yet this one feels different.

"I wouldn't call it a fight." Moonbyul answered. And maybe that's the problem. There's no reason to fight anymore; no reason to fight with Solar and no reason to fight for her; not when Yongsun has already made up her mind. She didn't want Byul to fight for her. She wouldn't give Byul a chance to fight for her anymore. And what hurts more is that Byul understands. She can't even be mad at Yongsun, because she knows that Yongsun is actually right.

Maybe Byul could have done something to prevent Yongsun from ever thinking of breaking up with her, but it's too late now. And she blames herself for it. Moonbyul blames herself for not noticing earlier. She hates herself for not seeing how much she has been hurting Yongsun all this time.

Wheein didn't know why but she had the urge to move closer to Byul, holding her hand. "What happened?"

It was subtle. But Wheein noticed how Moonbyul flinched at her touch. And how Byul gently moved her hand away from hers. To say it hurts is an understatement.

Moonbyul would've welcomed Wheein's touch. God. She would've loved to be in Wheein's warm embrace right now. To seek comfort from the younger blonde. But it wouldn't be right.

"Yongsun left." Moonbyul said as she stared at the bottle of beer she was holding.

"What?" Wheein asked as she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "Why? Where did she go?"

"She went to her parents's house. She'd be staying there for a while." Moonbyul states.

"What happened?" Wheein asked. She wonders how bad could it be that Yongsun has to move out of their apartment. Byul and Yongsun breaking up didn't even graze her mind.

"Yong and I broke up." Moonbyul informed her, chugging down her bottle of beer in one swoop.

Wheein remained silent, subtly moving away from Byul. She didn't know why she felt heartbroken hearing it. She expected to feel even just an ounce of happiness for herself. But she could never be happy knowing that Byul and Yongsun are both hurting right now. She couldn't get herself to be happy seeing the love of her life hurting the way she was right now. "Why?"

Moonbyul remained silent, as if gathering her thoughts for the right words to say, but she ended up with nothing.

"She'll come around." Wheein says almost confidently. "You both love each other so much. I know you'll fix it. You're Yongsun and Moonbyul." Wheein offers, trying to comfort Byul even though every word feels like a knife being stabbed into her heart. "You're meant to be together. It's written in the stars."