Trip to Outer Space!

Chapter Thirty-eight

---------------

Chapter Summary: Honoka brings everyone on a trip to outer space!

"Now let us start!" Honoka began. "Ah one, two, three!"

"Twinkle twinkle little star!"

Today Emi accepted Honoka's request to appear as a guest since she was hosting a television show. Honoka's task was to teach all the little kids about space and astrology and so Emi joined the audience.

"Let's start today's lessons! Today I'll teach you all little astronauts about life outside our planet earth."

All the little toddlers clapped and cheered. The blonde could tell that her friend was really getting into the role of a teacher.

"Does anyone know all the planets in our solar system?" 

After a few seconds, none of the childrens raised their hands and Honoka was getting desperate, That's when she made the choice to voluntold. 

"You, the girl with the yellow hair and pink bows." 

Her finger landed upon Emi who choked.

"Well let's see. There's Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto!"

"Wrong! Pluto is not a planet!" Honoka shouted. "Does anyone know why?"

A pink haired girl raised her hand as if she needed to pee. 

"Because it's too small!"

"Uh.. part of it is.." Honoka began. "Pluto was once a planet but in 2006, it was demoted to a dwarf planet."

The blue haired girl began scribbling  on the white board.

"For a celestial object to be consider a planet, there are three musts! One, they must orbit the sun, which Pluto does. Two it needs to have enough mass to be spherical, which Pluto also applies under. And three, they must dominate it's orbit! Pluto is known as one of the smallest thing in our solar system. Also it's orbit overlaps with Neptune and since Neptune is larger Pluto does not dominate it's orbit! That's why Pluto is no longer a planet."

Everyone including the staff clapped. She was such a girl full of spirit.

'Wow! Honoka really is a genius, just like she claimed.' Emi smiled brightly to herself.

"Now I have a question for the staff and adults." Honoka smirked. "What is the reason for the seasons?"

"When the earth is closer to the sun, it is summer-"

"Wrong!" She shouted, shaking her head and all the kids laughed when the adults failed.

"It's all due to the tilt. When the earth is tilted towards the sun, it is summer in the northern hemisphere and vice versa."

"Next lesson." She began, turning off the lights. "If the life cycle of a star."

For some strange reason, when the lights were turned off the kids got really excited and began to jump up and down. Emi smiled to herself, this scenario brought back memories from the time her parents brought her and her sister to an orchestra. Every time they finished playing a melodious piece, they would turn on the lights to prepare for the next piece. When the lights turned off the audience would cheer, and when the lights turned back on they would boo. Even though it was rude of them, it was still highly amusing.

"All stars, including our sun are born from a nebula. A nebula is made up of gas and rocks. They began to clump together and form a protostar! As the Protostar grows bigger and bigger, the temperature reached 15 million degrees and nuclear fusion happens! Because of the nuclear fusion, the star and produce light and energy, it becomes luminous! The Protostar becomes a main sequence which is the middle stage of a star. Depending on the size of the star, it depends on how long they will live as well. Now for the 4th stage, it splits ways."