1. Beware The Nerd Witch

Start from the beginning

I made my way through the sea of students in search of her as they parted before me creating a path.

Being the popular kid really had its perks.

From the corner of my eye, I observed Ray, Jo and even Stacey following me.
I better get this done with so I could start trying to live it down.

Nerd Ahoy!

There she was, sitting in front of some lockers with her legs crossed beneath her.
She had a brown wool cap on and a nasty looking sweatshirt, a pair of black jeans and... OMG... FREAKING FLIP FLOPS!
Her eyes were glued to the screen of the laptop in her lap as she typed unnaturally fast at the keys.
She'd snort and sniffle every two seconds, wipe her nose with the back of her hand, push her glasses which kept sliding down back to the top of her nose and mumble some incoherent words to herself.

All in all. She. Was. Disgusting.

I threw up a little in my mouth and forced myself to swallow it, the rancid taste burnt the back of my mouth.

A look over my shoulder gave me;
Rachel grinning like a psycho, Jo making an attempt to hide her smile, and Stacey observing with keen interest.

I took a deep breath and made my way over to her.
Once I was directly in front of her, she didn't look up, she just kept typing.

"Hey,"

She kept typing without acknowledging me.

"I'm Zion, but you probably know me already."

Ignored. Ouch.

Strange. Whenever I introduced myself to a girl, she'd blush and swoon and end up in my bed that same night or at least attached to my arm for weeks.
Maybe she had hearing problems, so I tried again,

"Hi Frankie, I'm Zi-"

"My name isn't Frankie." she snapped without looking up from her screen.

I'd expected her voice to be high pitched and annoying but surprisingly, she had a lovely, soft voice.

I decided to try a different approach.

"What are you doing? " I gestured to the laptop.

"Hacking into the Russian military database " she kept typing.

And guess what?

Yep, she still hadn't looked up.

"Haha... That's funny " I laughed, but she didn't even smile. She just kept typing. "Oh? You're not joking are you? "

"No"

I had to say, I was impressed. No girl had gone this long without at least getting all flustered or stumbling over words.

"Can I sit with you? "

"No, Cara's there. She doesn't like being sat on" she replied. Still typing.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion,"Who's Cara?"

"My chameleon,"

"A ...chameleon?"

Suddenly she shut the laptop and finally looked up. Hossana to the heavens!
I expected her to realize who she'd been talking to and at least get all shy and apologize for the attitude, but she just quirked an eyebrow and assessed me with amber colored eyes from behind her huge glasses.
I flashed her my killer smile but she didn't even flinch. Odd.

"You're more stupid than the rest," she finally said.

Bitch hold up. A little nerd just called me stupid? More stupid than the rest?!!