Eighteen-years

"I'm sorry but did you say your daughter's name is Kalene?" I mean, it's not  a very common name but if this is my son's mate then I need to make sure

"Yes, she should be about the same age as your twins, she will grow to be a healer, like her parents." Mariana smiles politely at me.

"Sorry if this sounds weird,but I think your daughter is my son's mate" Lars and Mariana both look at me confusedly.

"What makes you think that?" Lars questions, his voice slightly hostile, "It's far too early to tell"

"I know, I know" I rush  out. Derek places his hand on the small of my back, giving me a pitying look. They think I'm crazy, great.

"You see, when I was, er, dead, I saw Kian,but he was all grown up" By their looks I can tell they are skeptical. "Kian had a tattoo of the name Kalene on his arm and he was talking about how he should have been a better mate to Kalene" I look at them hopefully.

"I have a guess to what this means Camila, but I can only be certain when I see him myself" Mariana looks grave.

I quickly nod and lead them to the pack hospital where my twins were.

We arrive, and the mood instantly shifts. I can smell pity radiating of of them, the whole room smelled of pity.

"If it's ok, I'd like to heal them now" Mariana looks at me expectantly, automatically  nod.

Mariana puts her hand on Kian's head and closes her eyes, her husband does the same to Kiera. A few moments later they look up to us, they must be done.

"So did you find out anything?" I ask hopefully.

"Yes," she gives her husband a look that makes my stomach churn. "When you and Derek, two different species had a child together, or children because they're twins, you lifted a curse set upon shapeshifters in ancient times" she explains, "With the curse lifted, shapeshifters will turn into a species that matches their soul, not the species of their parents."

"And with all these new species, means the sire bond is back, in fact, Kalene and Kian have a sire bond" Lars finishes for his wife.

I'm not sure what to say so I don't say anything.

"So what species is Kian that he needs a sire bond?" Derek asks angrily, I touch his shoulder to calm him down.

"Your son is a coywolf, a hybrid. But coyotes and werewolves are two different spirit animals, a shapeshifter can only have one. There needs to balance so he was cursed with darkness. He will be one of the coldest and notorious alphas in the shapeshifter world, he has the power to turn off his soul, making him emotionless and would make a very dangerous alpha. He will battle against the darkness his whole life and that's why his sired mate is a healer.  A regular mate would not be able to handle Kian's darkness and run or reject him, and with Kalene being his mate she can take away some of his darkness and hopefully heal him of it one day" Mariana explains.

Derek and I are stunned.

"So our son is doomed?" I ask, she nods. I laugh coldly. "well great!" I run my fingers through my hair and Derek pulls me in  to his chest.

"But we've healed your pups so they don't need any special treatment now" Lars says.

I perk up, looking at them as to make sure, they nod at me. I walk over to Kian, Derek goes to Kiera, and pick him up. He giggles in my arms which causes a tear to roll down my cheek.

"We will be going now, but don't hesitate to call, we're practically family now" Mariana says.

I say thanks before they exit the hospital wing.

I look up at Derek to see a single tear rolling down his cheek while he looks down at Keira.

"You're crying" I state.

"No I'm not" He says, wiping the tear off his cheek. We turn into a laughing, crying mess.

1 year later

Derek and I blow the candles out on Kian and Kieras birthday cupcakes. Everyone cheers, Including the Sanators, whose daughter Kalene also turned 1.

We feed the babies their first bit of frosting. Kian crinkles his nose, along with kalene, not liking the frosting. Kiera on the other hand brightens up as Derek gives her some, causing the room to chuckle. She giggles and claps her hands together for more. 

A few hours later we start saying goodbye to all our guests, it was dinner time and we were not providing food, rude but we just didn't have time and the twins were getting cranky.

I pick up Keira and Kian, at the same time, because I'm a supermom, and bring them upstairs to their nursery. I set Kian down in his crib so I can change Keira into her night footie pyjamas. With a fresh diaper and pyjamas, I set Kiera down in her crib, giving her head, which was growing rich brown hair, a kiss, repeating the same with Kian afterwards. Turning the light out, I quietly exit the room, nearly screeching when I see Derek.

"Ay, you scared me, don't do that" my accent coming out, because I momentarily forgot english.

He only chuckles and brings me closer to him by grabbing  my hips.

"I love you" he says.

"I love you more" I reply.

"I love you most" He replies before bringing his lips to mine.

***

Later, Derek and I are lying in bed. I go to turn off the light and after settling in I decide now is the best time to tell him.

"Hey Derek?"

"mhmm?" He tiredly grumbles, sending chills throughout my body.

"I'm pregnant"

***
I'm sorry I'm such an inconsistent updated, hopefully not that it's summer I will update more often.

Sorry and thanks,