Four-Antonio

A fist collides with my face sending me rocketing back

"GET UP CAMILA!" I hear Lia and Cami yell, I look back at their angry faces and adrenaline rushes through me. I run to my attacker, grab them by their shirt, and slam him on the ground. Just like I did to Derek.

"1, 2, 3!" The crowd shouts and someone rings a bell, announcing that I won. I get up, panting and go over to Cami and Lia.

"Damn, you did good" Lia marvels.

"Yeah, I guess my coyote genes make me a little bit stronger" I shrug my shoulders. She looks at me, amazed.

"You must be beat" Cami says, handing me a water bottle.

"Thanks," I accept it, letting the cool liquid trickle down my throat.

"God, you smell," Cami says, fanning her nose. I glare at her.

"Let's go get new clothes then," Lia suggests. I don't know why we can't just change but I don't question it.

"Sure...lemme just go ask Derek." I wave to my friends while going to look for him. I turn a corner and see him leaning against the wall, his eyes staring at his phone.

Sensing me, he looks up.

"What now?" He whines.

"Jeez, if you don't want me here just say the word and I'll leave," I humph, my hands up in defense.

His eyes darken as he grabs my waist, pulling me closer to him.

"No," he says against my mark, sending shivers down my spine, making me shudder.

This makes his grip on my waist tightens.

"I'm going shopping with Lia and Cami, okay?" I manage to get out in a whisper. His eyes become even darker when he shakes his head no. "Why not?" I huff.

"It's not safe" he replies, shortly.

"Bullshit," I say, "you've seen very well that I can protect myself."

"Alright, fine!" He eventually gives up. I give him a curt nod and walk back to Cami and Lia.
***
Several hours and shopping bags later, Cami and Lia agree to take a food break.

We stop at a small bubble tea place and order our drinks. I order mango, it was always my brother and me's favorite.

We sit down at a table and enjoy our drinks.

I am about to say something but am interrupted by a loud couple making out at the table behind me. Lia and Cami are speechless, where I am fuming. I quickly snap my head behind me and tell them to get a room, but I see the couple and stop short.

"Tonio?" I say, utterly amazed. They take a break from sucking each other's faces off to see who interrupted them.

"Camila!" He greets, getting up to give me a lung-crushing hug. I am about to hug him back, but a low growl comes from behind us.