Six-passing

"No no no no, like this," I slowly bring the toothbrush across my teeth, so Elena can follow

"No no no no, like this," I slowly bring the toothbrush across my teeth, so Elena can follow. She hesitantly brings it up to her teeth, finally getting it right.

"Hey! I'm doing it!" She exclaims, toothpaste dripping down her chin.

"Oh watch out" I wince as it plops on her shirt. The thing is about toothpaste stains, you wet your thumb and rub it off but then it reappears in a matter of seconds. I dunno, maybe it's just me, but they always give me the hardest time. "Better go change."

Elena goes out to change her shirt while I finish up getting ready. Elena, being the innocent bean that she was, had grown on me quickly. The way she struggles to understand everyday concepts never ceases to amaze me. Some may think I would be bitter, not being the only coyote anymore but honestly, I couldn't have been more thrilled. The fact the she's my long lost sister makes it even better.

I check the time, gasping. I'm gonna be late for my finals!

"Hey Elena, I gotta go, see you after school!" I bolt out the door before she can respond. I decided that it didn't make sense to make Elena go to school, it's the last week and all we were doing was taking exams on curriculum she hadn't been there to learn.

"Took you long enough" Derek says, earning a scowl from me.

"Hey, if you wanna teach Elena how to brush her teeth then by all means, go ahead" he offers a disgusted face in response. "Thought so" I chuckle and to my surprise, he has the ghost of a smile on his face. Well this is unheard of.

***
I'm dead.

Those finals were brutal, and a week later, Im still suffering. My results would be coming in the mail today.

"Mila, it's for you." Derek announces from downstairs. I bolt down the stairs, almost falling.

"Is it my results?" He turns around, truly smiling, holding the piece of paper in his hands. I squeal, engulfing him in a hug, clearly not thinking. I go to let go but he only pulls me closer. Screw you mate bond! I can barely stay standing, the feeling of being in my mate's arms is all too much.

When he finally lets go, I take the letter and open it, seeing my test results. I wave it in his face, smiling.

"I passed!" He laughs at my giddiness. "I'm gonna graduate!" I can't help but smile so much that it hurts my mouth. I'm not what you call the brightest student, barely making it by on my own, but now, in an Antonio free environment, I'm able to spend more time in peace. The reason is because Derek never talks to me, sad, but convenient. Now with no one making an effort to talk to me or acknowledge my existence...wow, this shit is depressing...

Shaking my head, I clear all negative thoughts. I'm fucking graduating bitches! Hell yeah!

"Elena! I'm graduating!" I call to my younger sister.

"Awesome! Whats that?" She acts excited for my own good.

"That means I passed school! I can stop going now!"  I exclaim, waving my arms wildly.

"oh, that's great Camila!" Its almost in the same voice as before but now she is genuinely excited for me. She gives me a tight hug and then frowns. "That means I still have to go to school"

"yup" I respond popping the 'p' whilst giving her a devilish smile. She groans and trudges all the way to her room. I bite my lip to hold back a laugh.
***
I rip all the papers from my notebook and throw them in the fire. Yes, goodbye evil school. I watch as the white pieces of papers riddled with pen marks shrivel up against the burning embers. A hand lands on my waist making me jump. I quickly grab the persons arm and twist it while I turn around to see who it was.

Oh...

"Sorry Derek..." I stare at the ground, my face heating up. This does no good because he just takes my chin in his hands and makes me look into his eyes. I'm not gonna lie, it hurts. Every time I look at him I think of what he said to me when I came back to the pack house. What? Did you think I could just forget about that? Nope.

"Don't apologize to me." He growls. What the hell is that supposed to mean? First I am basically your slave and now I'm practically your equal. "You know what I promised to wait for till graduation?"

Oh dear god no.

"No, is it really time for that already? I can't do it, please Derek." I plead. He certainly kept his 'promise' or whatever you want to call it, but I'm not ready to have pups yet.

"Not in the mood eh?" I shake my head frantically. "Trust me.." he sniffs deeply, closing his eyes and smirking after. "You definitely will soon enough" he lets go of me roughly and walks away, leaving me missing the feel of his sparks against my skin.
***
You will soon enough....what the hell does that mean Hale?

Don't ask me...is it hot or is it just me?

Nope not just you. I put the back of my hand against my forehead, it's hot but nothing too alarming, but it's still pretty hot...

I decide to go to the kitchen and get myself a glass of cold water.

"Hey," I say to a fellow male pack member. He looks over at me and his eyes darken.

What the heck was that?

I look away from his burning glare, or maybe it was me that was burning. Jeez it's hot in here...

I quickly run upstairs, yearning for something to cool me off. I gulp down the water, it helps for a hot second before it goes away. Running to the bathroom, I twist the blue knob in the shower, setting it to the coldest setting, I quickly rip my clothes off and hop in the shower. It does nothing to help my scalding skin. I scream in agony.

Suddenly, Derek comes rushing into the bathroom. I didn't even care that I was completely naked in front of him, I just needed to stop burning alive.

"Help" I say weakly. He inhales deeply and his eyes turn from pitch black, to red, and back again.

"Mate" he growls before I pounce on him.
***
Sorry this took such a long time to update, I was really unmotivated and I couldn't find the right gif...hope you enjoyed this chapter but I have to bring some bad news for the next chapter. Me being the cringey person I am, can't write what you dirty minded readers expect out of her being in heat. Yes, they will complete the mating process but I won't include it because I feel very uncomfortable writing it. So unless someone wants to write something for me (I'll give you credit of course) there will be none of that. Hey, I'll leave your imagination to think of what might have happened.

Thanks, much love,
Ella