Well, if he REALLY is dead, your fingertips are everywhere in the room and then they'll know you did it anyways; you'll still be charged with some second degree murder. Maybe you could get off with self defense, but even then-

Shut up!

"She's going to find out anyways, you're bruised pretty badly," he gestured to my face, then winced as if he realized what he had said.

"Yeah," I huffed, staring down at the table. "Can't avoid the inevitable, but you can delay it." I tried to smile, but it was more like a worm dancing on my lips.

"Olivia," he sighed, slouching in his seat and cocking his head to the side. "If you don't mind me asking," I knew what he was going to say next, "what happened?" Bingo! He finally asked it, took him about an hour and thirty minutes.

I stared at him. My lips felt more cracked and I was now more aware of the dry blood squeezing my skin and the dried tears on my cheeks. My mouth felt dry as I tried to swallow the lump in my throat. "B-" am I going to actually admit tonight to him? "Bat-" if I say it out loud, does it make it real? Or am I in denial? "Bathroom." What the hell did I just say? "Bathroom. I have to go to bathroom." I nodded to myself, pushing myself off the chair and hissing when I realized putting full weight on my frail legs hurt.

He quickly stood up to help me but I waved him off, limping to the bathroom while clenching my jaw. As soon as I entered the small room and shut the door behind me, I sighed loudly and leaned my head against the door. "Bathroom, Olivia? The best you could think of?" I chided myself quietly.

As much denial to the fact Issac could be dead in a pool of his own blood right now, I couldn't deny I looked like I just came straight out from a shitty teen horror movie. I almost gasped when I saw my reflection in the mirror across from me.

Cuts on my cheeks, a faded bruise on the bridge of my nose, blood on my jaw, red rimmed and puffy, bloodshot eyes. I inspected my clothes, my jeans were soaked in blood by the calves and the overly sized black jacket I wore reached my thighs.

A tear slipped down my cheek as I grabbed a paper towel and began to remaster the mess I call myself, back to decent. I splashed water onto my cheeks, trying to ignore the sob working to escape the back of my throat.

I stared out the window of the Jeep as I pondered and drifted thoughts between random things, just to forget Issac.

Right now, we were driving around aimlessly. We had nowhere to go and nowhere to be, and honestly I was okay with it. He asked if I needed to go home, but I just shrugged and he nodded.

"We need to do something about your leg," he finally spoke as I tilted my head to see his side profile. I nodded in a sigh.

"Walmart."

"What?" He glanced at me, then to the road again.

"Walmart: only place open right now." I said quietly as he nodded, clicking the turn signal one. He gave me a confused glance again, I rolled my eyes and added, "they have some medical supplies there."

"Ohh," he nodded, chewing his bottom lip then turning on the radio.

"Cause baby you're a firework, Come on show 'em what your worth-"

I glanced at Ethan to notice him singing the lyrics underneath his breath. "You like...this song?" I asked, turning away and looking out the window so he wouldn't notice my humongous grin.

"Wh-What? No, psh, nah." He cleared his throat and I started to laugh, an actual laugh- for the first time tonight after the damage.

"It's okay, you don't have to lie, just admit you like this song and it'll be all alright!"