Epilogue

Dakota's POV:

I smiled to myself as I watched Vic bounce the baby on his knee as he made silly noises and faces to make her laugh. I began thinking to myself about how crazy the past couple years had been. From moving to LA and marrying the man of my dreams, and everything in-between.

After my accident and remembering Vic again, our connection grew stronger than ever. He asked me to marry him, and I of course said yes. I wouldn't have wanted t anything else in the entire world than to spend the rest of my life with my best friend by my side. Nine months later, we had baby Victoria. I know, super cliche to name your kid after their parent, but it just felt right.

Jaime and Audrey also got married, and her baby is due in about a month. Shay decided to move out here with us after her and Tony finally got together. They didn't get married, but I saw the connection they had and it sure won't be long until they are. Mike was still riding solo, waiting for that one perfect girl. I was proud of him, finally growing out of his mindset of always needing a girl on his arm.

Oh, and the band. They got incredibly popular and took to the bigger stages and venues. I was so damn proud of them, and they were already working on their third album.

"Kota?"

My eyes shot back into focus on Vic's worried face. 

"You alright?" he asked.

"Never been better." I smiled and got up from my seat.

Vic smiled back at me and pulled me into a tight hug, kissing my forehead in the process.

"God, I love you so much," he said.

"I love you too, Vic. I love you too." I smiled through my words as I spoke. "We made it." I felt warm tears run down my cheek.

I had never been more content in my entire life than in that moment. Everything was finally falling into place instead of falling apart. I knew one day I would make it past the bullshit, but I didn't truly believe it until I stood there, in the arms of my husband, while looking at our child.

All that was left to do was to keep moving forward with our lives. We couldn't linger in the past, as it would only bring us closer with our demons and the memories that haunted us. 

I couldn't look down, and I could never look back.

 ~