Chapter 14: I Need You

Audrey’s POV

- 10 days later-

Our week in San Diego was fantastic! We had loads of fun, and Dakota and Vic finally got together. I was so extremely happy for her; I knew how much she liked him, even though she wouldn’t admit it.

I sat down with my laptop and opened up my email. I had a new email from Paul, who was finally giving feedback on our interview.

Hey guys! First off, your interview with Pierce the Veil was unlike any other I had read before. It was so fresh and unique, and I loved it so much that it’s going to be featured in next month’s issue of AP! Which of course means extra pay for you two. Second, I have a surprise for you two, but it isn’t official yet, so I don’t want to get your hopes up. Just keep an eye out for other emails from me.

- Paul

“DAKOTA!” I yelled. “Get over here!” My hands were shaking due to excitement.

She walked out of her room and into the lounge. “Did you hear from Paul?” she asked.

I nodded my head, unable to speak, and turned the laptop towards Dakota. I watched her face as she read the email. Her eyes slowly got wider and her jaw dropped open. She snapped her head towards me and placed her hands on my shoulders, shaking them violently.

“Audreeyyyyy!” she squealed.

“Would-you-please-stop-shak-ing-me-” I said while she continued to force an earthquake upon my body.

“Sorry,” she said, withdrawing her hands. “BUT DUDE!! This is awesome! What do you think the surprise is? Another interview? But with a more popular band??” She took a slow, deep breath, soaking in the fact that we might possibly be interviewing one of our favorite bands.

“That would be so ridiculously amazing,” I stated.

“Hell yeah it would be! You better keep a close eye on that email, missy,” she said while pointing her finger at me.

“I will, don’t worry!” I told her.

Dakota ran over to the wall that separated us and the guys, and she pounded on it while yelling, “GET IN HERE!”

“Why didn’t you just walk over to their apartment?” I asked her. I would have done the same, but it was automatic for me to question Dakota’s actions.

“Lazy,” she flat-out stated.

A few moments later, our door opened and all four guys walked in.

“What’s up?” Tony asked.

“Yeah, what’s with all the ruckus? You disturbed my beauty sleep,” Mike said, dramatically flipping his hair behind his shoulders.

“Beauty sleep my ass! You were definitely doing anything but sleeping in there,” Vic said, laughing.

“And even if it was your beauty sleep, it’s not doing you much good anyways, bro,” Tony said, putting his hand on Mike’s shoulder. We all laughed.

“Anyways, what did you call us in here for?” Jaime asked.

Dakota and I glanced at each other at the same time. I spoke first. “Well, I just got an email from Paul...” I said, looking down at the floor and playing with my hands, pretending like it was bad news.

“Yeah...” Vic prompted me.

“And he liked our interview, I guess,” I said, shrugging.

“And?” Tony and Jaime said at the same time.