Chapter 11: The Interview

Vic’s POV

I was woken up to the sound of Mike snoring right in my ear. Don’t get me wrong, I loved my brother, but I could already tell that this bed arrangement was going to make things interesting. Jaime and Audrey were sharing one of the double beds, and so were Mike and I. Both Tony and Dakota were sleeping on single beds; Tony had the table that turned into a bed, and Dakota was in the bunk above the front seats.

I sighed and rolled over. My phone said that it was 9 o’clock. We were able to sleep in because the girls didn’t have to worry about getting ready and going to the location where they were going to interview the band, because we were right here with them. I decided to get up and go get some Starbucks. I tried really hard to get out of the bed quietly. Mike rustled around a bit, but didn’t wake up. I pulled on a pair of jeans and grabbed my hat.

I looked up at Dakota, who was still sleeping, or so I thought. I walked past her, and then turned around quickly. Her eyes were now open. Crap, I woke her up. We seemed to do that to each other a lot. Well she was up now, and I thought that I might as well ask if she wanted to join me on my adventure to Starbucks.

I leaned over to her, so that my face was inches away from her’s, my chin resting on her bunk. The sides of her eyes were squinted, so I knew that she was smiling, but I couldn’t see her mouth because she had pulled her blanket up to her nose.

“Good morning Sunshine!” I whispered to her. She reached out and ran her fingers through my hair. Whoa where did that come from? I’m not complaining about it because she was so damn adorable and I liked it, but I wasn’t expecting it.

She pulled the blanket away from her face with her other hand, the other one was still in my hair. “Good morning Victor!” she said whispering it back, but still very excited and smiley.

“Someone’s in a good mood!”

“I’m always in a good mood when you wake me up! Plus today is going to be a great day,” she said, kicking the blanket off of her, but still lying there playing with my hair. “So where are you going?”

“I was on my way to Starbucks for coffee. I didn’t mean to wake you up though,” I said, blushing ever so slightly.

“No, it’s okay. I was already half awake.” Her thumb brushed against the side of my cheek and she sat up with her legs dangling over the edge of her bed. She put her hands on my shoulders and began sliding down. I placed my hands on her hips as she jumped, steadying her once she landed. “Can I come?” she asked me with a smile.

“Of course!” I told her.

“Okay. I’ll be right back, let me brush my teeth really quick.”

I watched her walk away and into the bathroom, and I was smiling the whole time. My heart was beating a million times per minute and I was almost shaking, I was so happy. What made her decide to now be friendly with me? That didn’t matter. What mattered was that I was one step closer to her being mine, hopefully for forever.

She came out of the bathroom smiling, and her eyes were bright. She was wearing a different shirt and her hair was in a braid. She looked so pretty, even though the look was so casual and effortless.

“Ready to go?” she asked, grabbing her purse and heading for the door. I followed her outside and we began our walk to Starbucks. She started up the conversation and had the most energy I had ever seen.

“So Vic, Are you excited about the interview?”

“Hell yeah! You guys honestly didn’t even have to pick our band, and it means a lot to me that you chose us. I still can’t believe that we might be featured in AP!” I was getting really excited just talking about it and I threw my arm around her shoulder. We walked the rest of the way to Starbucks like that, with her head nuzzled in between my arm and shoulder. We talked the whole way there and back, holding cups for the boys back in the RV.