Chapter 2: Safe and Sound

Audrey’s POV

I opened my eyes to a banging sound coming from the lounge. I got up without needing to turn the light on, because the curtains did a crap job at keeping the daylight out. I rolled over and looked at my phone. It was nine in the morning. Who could possibly need me this desperately, and who knew that I was even here? Obviously Dakota wasn't awake yet, so I quietly walked to the door and looked through the peep hole. I silently exhaled with relief to see that it was Tony and Vic. I opened the door, probably looking like a mess with my oversized t-shirt and old pajama bottoms on.

“Hey, what's wrong?” I asked, not sure what was going on.

“Are you ready?” Vic asked, grinning. What did he have planned? Did this apartment have an initiation or something? I gave him a confused look and he laughed.

After a few moments of me being silent, he asked again, “Ready for a fun day down at Venice Beach?” he said with a cheesy smile. Tony was staring at the ground chuckling at Vic's theatrics.

“Since when were we planning to go to the beach?” Man, these two were friendly, not that I minded.

“Since I decided that it would be a fun thing to do. I woke up at eight and thought 'Gee, it’s a great day for the beach,' and everyone knows that the beach is way more fun with other people.” Vic explained.

“Hey, what is that supposed to mean?”Tony asked defensively.

“Tell me, Tony. Would you rather go to the beach and sit in the sand with me, staring at the water, or have fun with two young lovely ladies?” Before Tony could answer, Vic spoke up again. “Speaking of which, where is the blonde?” Vic asked, sneakily switching topic.

“Well she is asleep, just like I was before you two knuckleheads woke me up,” I said laughing and poking at Tony and Vic's stomachs. “Feel free to wake her up, if you want. But be careful, she has a history of kicking.”

“I think that I can handle her.” Vic held up his arms and flexed his muscles while ninja running into her room.

Tony and I followed to watch this event. Vic walked over to the bed quietly, carefully straddled Dakota’s waist, and put his face really close to hers. He began lightly bouncing on the bed while tickling her and singing “Good morning sunshine!” He had a great voice, and when Dakota came to her senses and realized what was going on, she began laughing and tried to push Vic off of her. When he realized that she was fighting the tickles, he really went for it. Dakota almost couldn't handle it and was fidgeting so much and laughing so hard that she was almost crying.

 “STOP! VIC! I can't brea- I can't br-breathe! Knock it offfff! VICCCC! VICTOR…” She paused.

“Fuentes,” Vic finished, smiling and arching an eyebrow.

He finally thought that she had enough and jumped off of her bed. Tony and I were still standing in the door way cracking up.

Dakota got out of bed pretending to be mad at Vic, not facing him, and fixing the sheets that were tangled in a pile on the floor. Vic was still smiling and finally Dakota gave in and said hi, trying to hold back a smile because she was still acting as if she were mad.

“Hi,” he said back. His face turned completely serious and he crossed his arms, pretending to be a stubborn 5 year old. She walked over and gave him a small push.

“Meany!” she said, still playing along.

He gave her a giant bear hug. I could hear her muffled giggle coming from somewhere underneath Vic’s arms. Tony cleared his throat.