Chapter 21: Violent Waters

Audrey’s POV

I sat there in shock; I had only seen Dakota act like that a few times, but she was never that drastic. Shay turned to me.

“Is there something going on between you two that I should know about?”

“I don’t even know. She has been acting really strange lately, but I wonder if I did something to make her mad. I mean she loves to go shopping and Vans are her favorite shoes, so I don’t know why she left. Maybe she is just being mega hormonal. Whatever, lets go to the Vans store.”

We finished our ice cream and went to Vans, and then a few other shops, taking our time, walking around, laughing. I secretly missed Kota, and was beginning to think about why she left. We were finally done at the mall, and Shay had three giant bags filled with band shirts, shoes, and black jeans. We got in Jeff and drove back to the apartment. I opened the door, expecting to see Kota sitting on the couch watching TV or writing. But instead, the apartment was dead quiet.

“Hello? Dakota?” I looked around and saw that her bedroom door was closed.

“She is probably just in her room,” Shay said, setting her things down on the counter.

“Yeah, probably,” I replied. I knocked on her door, and she didn’t answer. I slowly opened up the door to her room, in case she was sleeping. I was taken back because Kota wasn’t there at all, and everything from her desk is was on the floor, except for a single pen. I took a deep breath. Maybe she was just over at Vic’s apartment. I turned around, getting more nervous.

“Where are you going?” Shay questioned, confused.

“I’m going to check the guy’s apartment, maybe she is there,” I said, while grabbing the set of keys that Jaime had given me. I rushed down the hall, hoping she was there. I opened the door, and looked inside. I flipped the lights on, and called out for Dakota. Shay was standing in the doorway  watching me begin to freak out.

“Maybe she is in Vic’s room.” I opened his door, but she wasn’t in there. I knew that she would never go into any of the other guy’s rooms, but I checked them anyways.

Shay was now standing in the kitchen, not sure what to do.

“Holy shit Shay, she isn’t here.”

“Well, try calling her, maybe she went somewhere,” she shrugged.

“But then why was all the stuff on the floor in her room, it doesn’t make sense,” I said, but I still pulled my phone out and dialed her number, and listened to it go directly to voicemail.

“I’m really getting scared Shay, this isn’t like her to get up and leave and then not pick up my calls. I’m going to call Vic. Maybe he has talked to her and knows where she is.” I dialed his number, and it rang multiple times before going to his voicemail. What the fuck was I supposed to do now?

“Why don’t you call Jaime?” Shay said. I thought about it, looking down at my phone. I was about to but then I thought about it. Whenever I had talked to Jaime he was never with Vic, because Vic was always busy or hanging out with Mike and other people. My best bet was to call Mike. I frantically called him, praying that he would answer.

“Hey Audrey, what’s new?” Mike answered.

“Have you heard anything from Dakota lately?” I immediately asked.

“No, why?”

“Where’s Vic?” I questioned.

“He’s back at the bus. What’s going on Audrey?” Mike asked worriedly.