Chapter 19 - Feyre

Feyre

The smell of roses overpowered all of my other senses as soon as I arrived at my destination. But I didn't arrive hear like I had the first time, I arrived in a blaze of flames, darkness and glory. Like a queen returning to her kingdom, because if I was going to show my true colours for the first time to Tamlin, I was going to do it right. I arrived in the middle of the manor, having torn away the shields that surrounded it two-fold. 
"Where is the High Lord." My voice held deadly connotation, and almost felt sorry for the servants that were scurrying around like ants who had been disturbed in their nest. But I felt nothing anymore, just a void of those shadows that seemed to shroud everything now. Everyone stopped in their tracks as the beheld me, standing once again in the place that I had called home long ago. But I was different, a strength radiated off me rather than fear. That's when one of the people around me plucked up the courage to speak, and it was a voiceI remembered,
"He's in the dining room lady, and what a pleasure it is to see you back." It was Alis, standing as she always did, with her back rigid and proud. A smile nearly crept across my face when I recognised her, but I held it at bay and walked towards the double doors that led to the dining room. 

I slammed them open, startling the three males that sat around the table, studying a map like two-year-olds studied the drawing they had created. I smirked at their dropped jaws,
"Hello gentlemen, it seems we have some business to discuss." My voice didn't waver, not even as a beheld Tamlin sitting at the head of the table his eyes narrowed at me me. Observing with a scrutiny I remembered all too well. I didn't let my mask falter, not even as those shadows shrouded my need to kill him, right here and right now. But where was the use in that, when I could watch the rest of Prythian shred him apart for me. 
"Feyre." Lucien growled at me, standing from his seat, his hand on his sword in his belt, but he didn't move. He wouldn't, not until his master commanded. I looked to the other male sitting at the table now, a cocky grin planted on his face, and I smirked back at him. Because I recognised that eye, from a time I had tried to forget. It carried with it stories of blood and death and darkness. But I had never pictured this body attached to this eye, only the chain and the bone that had connected it to Amarantha.
"Jurian." I whispered, still smirking. This would make everything a lot more interesting, but first, Tamlin. I glanced back at him, his place at the head of the table. "Surely you wouldn't turn down an offer of information." His raised his eyebrows in question, obviously wanting this information and I rolled my eyes and tutted. "I'm not an idiot anymore Tamlin, and I think you'll find that I have the upper hand in this discussion." He let out a short sharp laugh and Lucien scoffed. 
"What makes you think that, in my court, surrounded by my soldiers, you would hold the power. Especially after everything you have done to me, to this Court." He was nearly shouting, and his talons were emerging from the skin of his knuckles. 
"Well," I said, my wings and talons forming. Painting me as the nightmare I truly was. "I think you'll find that taking me on would not be the wisest decision you have ever made. However, I can almost guarantee it would not be the stupidest." Jurian let out a loud laugh,
"I like this girl." He looked me up and down, scanning every inch of the wings, of my face. "Feyre Archaeon, was it? The one who ran away and then killed many of the soldiers we sent to wipe out the Night Court."
"That was the first mistake you made, drawing attention to yourselves, after that their attention was solely focused on your and your little stampede onto their lands." I said lazily. The mask held strong, and Lucien seemed to be relaxing ever so slightly. "The second mistake you made, was pissing off the most powerful High lord in Prythian's history. The third, not trusting in my judgement and my decisions." The wings and talon evaporated, leaving behind an aching I couldn't seem to get rid of.
"You ran away and betrayed us, what did you expect?" Tamlin yelled, his anger rising closer and closer to the surface.
"I expected that you, of all people, would understand that an act is just an act. To leave I had to find a way out without rising the suspicions of this court, or that court."
"Then why didn't you try to communicate?"
"Because the fucking High Lord of a daemati, how well do you think that would have ended huh?"
"If you wanted us to trust you, you did a very good job of showing the opposite. Especially when we attacked. I believe you exact words were, Don't fuck with the Night Court?"
"My statement still stands, because otherwise you will be destroyed before this even begins. It was a warning, not a threat." Everyone at the table seemed to calm down more now, except for Jurian, who was always calm. It was irritating. Lucien still seemed royally pissed off, but had finally taken his seat again and seemed to be considering everything I had said. I was lying through my teeth and it was hilarious, because no one knew what I was thinking for the first time in forever.  I missed it though, and I missed being there, being with him and the other. I couldn't think about his name though, for if I did, I feared I would regret it all, and end it right here and right now. 

I felt anger swirl down that bond, pure and hot like a raging fire. He had every right to be mad, and I fully expected it, but it brought sadness to me, but it was right. It was expected. It was planned, much like Tamlin's answer,
"What do you want in return?"