Chapter 4 - Feyre/Rhysand

Feyre

The blue one walked back over to me and the other bastard and held onto us both before we winnowed away. When we emerged again we were on a balcony, overlooking a city, more beautiful than I have ever seen. It shone like the thousand stars dotted across the sky, the most beautiful night I have ever seen in Prythian, but it was a hell of a day. In one fucking day I was torn away from the one week of peace I had finally created and shoved back into the hands of the stupid High Lord of the Night Court.

"Come on girly." The red one said to me, still holding the knife close to my back and my hands close to my back. I stood still, refusing to move at all, just staring out at the view. He shoved me forwards and I put a ring of fire around his neck,
"Watch it." I said and heard the snort of a laugh from behind me and swivelled around, the ring of fire dissolving. The blond one stood there, the high lord and the one they called Amren facing the other direction and talking quietly. She was walking towards me, intrigue written across her face and something very close to humour.
"He sure deserved that, but co-operation is recommended." She said, before reaching out her hand for me to take, "My name is Mor, and you must be Feyre." I stared at her, trying to determine whether she was being sincere or not, but the happiness in her expression was impossible to get past. I reached out my hand slowly and held hers,
"This is all very good and well, but what are we meant to do her?" The red one said from behind me.
"Oh shut up Cassian." Amren said, now standing beside Mor, "You always need to ruin a moment don't you?" I dropped my hand from Mor's and observed her. Her hair was dark and sharply cut, and her eyes were piercing and.... silver? Well, that's something isn't it?
"Of course he does." The blue one muttered from the corner. Why were they acting so casual around me? Like I am one of them.

Idiots. They are all idiots. That is the one thing I have learnt from standing here for hours listening to them bickering like little kids.
"Does anyone want to tell me what, exactly, I will be doing?" I finally said, and everyone went silent and stared at me like I had just spoken a different language. "Well?" I said, my patience finally wearing thin. I would not just stand here while they chatted like I didn't exist, it even seemed like I'd startled them when I spoke. Almost like they forgot I was there.
"Um well," The High Lord said, I still hadn't heard his name during the entire conversation, "you can stay in the-"
"Bedroom upstairs." Mor cut in before the High Lord could finish. He gave her a slight look before she walked up to me and took my hand.
"Yeah no." I said to her, "If I am going anywhere it is not going to be holding someone's hand." Mor frowned, but took her hand away and motioned for me to follow. I shook my hands out o Cassian's hold and followed her.

**********

Once we had gotten upstairs Mor smiled and opened a door to her right. I looked cautiously around the corner only to the see the most spectacular bedroom I had ever witnessed. One side of the room was completely open a balcony, with a spectacular view of everything. My bed was huge, and I mean huge, an ensuite was on the right wall and there was a sofa on the left one. I smiled slightly and turned around to Mor,
"Thankyou." I said, almost breathily, and she smiled back.
"My pleasure Feyre." And she walked off down the hall, back to where we had left the group minutes ago. I closed the doors and flopped down onto the bed, relishing the safety and security of finally having a night away from the Spring Court.

Rhysand

I watched as Mor and Feyre left the room and as they disappeared up the large staircase. Feyre was beautiful, more beautiful than I remember from Under the Mountain. But then again, she has had time to recover. I still wonder though, why she had winnowed here. Why she had left Tamlin, the one she had been so desperate to save. 
"Earth to Rhys." I heard Cassian say as he waved a hand in front of my face. I slapped it away playfully with my hand and Cassian ginned. "You were thinking about the girl weren't you? Ooh la la!" Cassian said and I shook my head and laughed. 
"What are we going to do anyway?" I heard Azriel say, finishing off that conversation, "She could still very well be Tamlin's spy." And as much as it broke my heart, I nodded in agreement, just as I felt a flash of awe, happiness and security wash down the bond. Maybe she was a spy, but she sure hadn't learnt anything about mental barriers and communication.

*******************

A/N
Hey everyone, hope you are enjoying the book so far!
I just wanted to say thanks for reading this far and also a huge thank you to @maybeitsdella for all of the votes on my chapters!
Also, I will be trying to update at least once a week, but it will probably be more frequent than that!