Chapter 15 - Feyre/Rhysand

Feyre

I didn't know where I was going, nor what I was going to say when I got there, but I did know that I wouldn't just let this go. So I kept storming forward, towards that stone building where I could still see figures moving around in the windows. I noticed a few glances thrown my way, but met none of them. I wasn't in the mood for stupid, petty, Illyrian males. Rhysand appeared less than a step in front of me, and it was all I could do in my power to stop before I smashed into him. 
"What?" I snapped, I was at my wits end with this. If they wanted to believe that because I am a woman I could not do something, I was going to show them a thing or two.
"First of all, refrain from killing anyone please. They do play a role here." The smirk on his face taunted me, and I was so tempted to smack it off, but he started talking again. "Two, you won't be able to get through the door." There was that smirk again, but he was gone in an instant. Stupid winnowing, and stupid Night Court, and stupid bloody, pissy Illyrian males. It wouldn't stop me, I took a deep breath, nothing would stop me, and I charged towards that doorway.

"Move." I growled, at the menacing figure in front of me, more like above me.
"Sorry little missy, no. Better crawl on back home." The figure didn't budge, and he was taking up the entire doorway. I glared at him, but he just chuckled slightly, and I snapped. So did his arm, apparently. Once he was out of the way, whimpering on the floor, I stormed past him and towards the stairs at the back. Guess who decided to appear. Again.
"Fucking Cauldron Rhysand, what the hell is it now?"
"What did I tell you?" His hands were folded across his chest, and his violet eyes glimmered with something I couldn't quite pick out.
"Don't know, and don't care, so would you be so kind as to get the fuck out of my way." I moved to step around him, but he stepped in front of me. Again, and again and again. 
"Feyre Darling, it seems you are making a fool of yourself."
"Don't call me that." I growled, then smirked. Perhaps this was a good thing. The smirk seemed to worry him, and it should. "You, High Lord, are in for a surprise." And I motioned to the figure standing behind him, the War Lord. Devlon.

"What is she doing in this building." Devlon sounded more like a wild animal that a person, but why should I be surprised, so did every Illyrian male I met.
"I'm sure she would like to explain to you herself." Rhysand replied snarkily, glaring at Devlon like a predator. Which I didn't doubt he was to these males. 
"She is standing right here would prefer not to be addressed as she." I spoke, more calmly than I anticipated considering the circumstances. Devlon grunted, and I assumed that was my signal to speak. So I didn't. Both High Lord and War Lord watched me expectantly, but I didn't speak, not until Devlon started seeing to think he had won. His posture relaxed and a smirk had started to settle on his face when I formed my wings and talons, stepping in closer to him, staring eye to eye. Now he wasn't acting like such a smart-ass. 
"Now, Lord Devlon, I believe you may have said some things. I I believe I may have heard some of those things. However, I will be willing to forgive you since you seem so very important to the High Lord standing to your right." I don't think he was breathing, and I don't think I was either. We were gathering quite the crowd. "Only on one condition." I brought a talon up to his face, and that seemed to be where he drew the line. He went to draw his sword, and I stepped back, only to give him the curtesy of thinking he had frightened me. Then Rhysand stepped into the middle of us, facing away from me.
"For your own sake, Devlon, I will end this now for you." He said, his voice powerful enough to suggest that there was no denying his order. 
"Trust you to suck up to your little sl-" I didn't let him finish his statement, because I knew Rhysand wouldn't be as merciful as me.

"I didn't kill him." I groaned, finally sick of sitting in this stupid room for what felt like hours now. Cassian was standing opposite where I was sitting, leaning against the wall.
"Yes, but you nearly did." I couldn't deny that, but putting me on lock down was a step too far, that prick deserved what was coming for him. 
"He still functions like he's meant to." I watched out the singular window as Rhysand and Azriel talked to the rest of the soldiers about what had happened and what would be happening from now on. I sincerely hoped Devlon had been severely injured and would be unable o anything for the rest of his meaningless life. 
"Functioning like he's meant to isn't going to help us in this war."
"What war? If you really think the Spring Court stands a chance, then you must be as stupid as you look."
"I don't look stupid." He muttered under his breath and I snorted a laugh, as the High Lord walked into the room, Azriel on his heel. Both of them were still fuming with anger.
"I'm going to just climb out of this window now." I said sarcastically, but truthfully considering the fact that their anger was most definitely aimed at me. 

Rhysand

"Please tell me why the hell you thought it would be a good idea to nearly murder the Lord of this camp." I growled, anger coursing through me. That stupid stunt Feyre pulled nearly killed Devlon, and made the whole camp turn against him. She sat rather meekly on the chair, almost like a cat perched on the edge, ready to jump.
"Because he was a prick who deserved what was coming his way." She nearly shouted back. Definitely not ready to jump then as I had thought. 
"Maybe if you learned to think before you acted this wouldn't be a problem."Azriel sounded almost like a feral animal, and I could tell he still wasn't Feyre's biggest fan, especially after todays events, so I let him go.
"Maybe if you finally stopped and looked at the world around you this would have been dealth with years ago." She snapped back. "But no, you hide in your shadows and mope like an injured puppy, hoping that you show even some semblance of strength in front of this camp full of warriors, most of whom, would rather kill you than listen to you. So yes, perhaps I was too harsh, but perhaps I did it to the wrong person." Silence. No one knew quite what to say in response, but Az was fuming, and his hand was resting on Truth-teller, currently secured in his belt. But that couldn't last for long.
"You know nothing about me, about my life. You are so naïve to this world and act like you know everything because that is all you have. First your mother died, then Tamlin left you, then Lucien gave up on you, now what? Who will help you next time everyone you ever loved leaves you for good."
"No one." Feyre replied distantly, and then she was gone.
"Shit." Cassian growled, looked at Azriel, concern glimmering in his eyes for the shadow-singer, who no longer stood next to me. Who had also disappeared as soon as Feyre had. 

**********

Oh my god, you have no idea how sorry I am about the extreme hiatus from writing. Thank you all so much for the support despite this, and I hope that you will all keep reading. My Year 10 exams are almost finished, so hopefully when the weekend arrives so will another update.

Again, apologies, but from now on I will try to be more reliable.

What do you think will happen next? Whoever can guess will get a shoutout in the next chapter!