Chapter 8 - Rhysand/Feyre

Rhysand

I stared after Feyre as she stormed out of the room. Her last words hung on the air and I realised just what she must have been through, she was in the bathroom last night throwing up after all! I was an idiot. I should have told them all that she was my mate long before that happened, but now was as good a time as any.
"She's my mate." I whispered, but everyone heard. Mor smiled at me, already knowing the truth, but happy that I had told the others. Everyone else looked completely shocked. Cassian was just staring at the table,
"Shit." He said before standing up and walking out of the room after Feyre. I sighed,
"I should have told you." I looked down at the table in shame.
"You didn't have to, it was your choice." Azriel said and I looked up and smiled at him, "Only, why didn't you tell her?" He asked, and I was seriously ready to kill myself for not telling her, but it was the right thing to do. For her and for me.
"It was her choice to make. Just as long as she was happy." I said, more quietly than my previous statement and Azriel nodded in understanding.
Amren grinned wickedly at me,
"This should be fun." She said, and I just rolled my eyes at her. She would enjoy taunting me about this way too much.

Feyre

I had ended up in some sort of a meeting room. It was set up almost like the dining room, but with maps pinned to every wall. I walked over to the map that depicted the entirety of Prythian and traced my finger over the line that represented the wall. It seemed so small and insignificant now, yet was the key to war.
"Feyre?" I spun on my heel to see Cassian in the doorway. I sighed,
"What?" I snapped, but there was regret in his eyes.
"I am so sorry." He lowered his head in something that resembled shame, but slowly looked back up, hope shining in his eyes. "Do you think we can start again?" I smiled at him,
"Yes, I think we can." She grinned at me, extending his hand.
"Hello, my name is Cassian." I reached out my hand and shook his.
"Feyre," I said, "Feyre Archaeon." I released his hand.
"Well Feyre Archaeon." He said, already starting to walk out the door, "Your training starts now." And I was very glad I had chosen to wear pants rather than a dress.

**********

The training area was just like a big open space with weapons lined up on one wall. Cassian had already pulled his sword out from his belt and pointed it towards the other swords,
"Choose one." He said and walked up to the rows filled with weapons that looked like they would kill you even if you touched them.
Try the one on your right. I heard Rhysand's voice whisper into my head and I looked. It was beautiful, almost like darkness incarnate. The hilt was encrusted with black opals and the blade was dark grey in colour. I picked it up and Cassian grinned,
"Now that is a sword." And he held his out in front of him, pointed straight towards me, "Now hold it like this." I held it out in front of me, but the wight of it made it face slightly towards the ground. It had been a long time since I had held a weapon, especially one of this size. Cassian sighed, sheathing his sword and walking over the me.
"Imagine it isn't there, it is just an extension of your arm." I tried again, but still to no avail. It was just there. Cassian sighed,
"Put it on the floor beside you." We had just started and he had already given up on me. I placed it down on the floor beside me, but he made no move to leave or stop training. "Now make a sword." He said and my eyes widened.
"What?" I said, almost from instinct, he couldn't possibly be serious.
"You heard me." He replied, a slight smirk starting to creep at the corner of his mouth, crossing his arms.
"Prick." I muttered under my breath and he grinned,
"Why thank you for that." He said, I just rolled my eyes and closed them. I imagined a sword in my hands, similar to the one I had just been holding. Darkness Incarnate. I opened my eyes, and there is was. A sword made of darkness. Cassian raised his eyebrows and, almost as if it was a signal, the sword vanished. I sighed and brought it back, it truly felt like a weight was placed on my shoulders.
"And I thought you would create some pink swirly thing." Cassian said and I scoffed,
"Because I have so many pink swirly things in my life to base it off." I practically snapped and Cassian raised his hands in mock surrender.

Rhysand appeared almost seconds later, grinning from ear to ear. Cassian swivelled around quickly, dropping his arms back to his sides.
"I see you covered a bit of magic as well." The High Lord said, and Cassian smirked.
"I had no part in that, I simply told her to do it." He looked back at me and grinned even wider. "Enjoy." He said and flew away. Great, now I was stuck here with this High Lord. He frowned when I thought that.
"Now that wasn't very nice." I rolled my eyes.
"How do I stop you from doing that?" I said and he grinned widely.
"That, I can help you with."

**********

A/N

I am so sorry about the long period between updates, my life is chaos right now and school really isn't helping!

This one is short, but I might add to it later. I just thought you guys might like an update!