Chapter 9 - Feyre

"No just...." Rhysand sighed as I tried for what felt like the millionth time to make a mental barrier against him. "A wall Feyre, not a thread. Nope that's not it either. Still no. Keep trying." That went on for about another half hour before I finally gave up.
"You know what? Maybe give me some actual advice and I might be able to do it." I said, my hands on my hips, glaring down one of the most powerful High Lords in history. He sighed again, running his hand through his already messy hair,
"Try building a wall, like the one that splits Prythian, only with many layers." He said, and I closed my eyes, imagining it forming around my mind, around all of my secret thoughts. I felt something tapping against it, trying to find cracks or any way of getting in, but to no avail. 

I opened my eyes and grinned widely at Rhysand, as he grinned back. Then my wall slipped away again, and the thing slipped through the cracks before quickly retreating again.
"For about a split second, you actually did it." He said, smirking and glared at him, slamming the wall back up into position. "Now try and get through mine." My eyes widened, he was really going to let me try and get inside his head?
"No, no I am not. That was a distraction to get your walls down again." HIs smirk grew, and my glare intensified.

**********

It was seven pm and the stars were already shining like diamonds. It truly was beautiful, but that wasn't what I was focusing on. I was trying to keep my walls up and every time I accidentally dropped them, I would hear Rhysand's voice in my head again whispering 
Hello Again.
Every time, I would push his voice out and slam the walls back into position. This time, I was determined not to let them fall, but I also felt something else there, running through the wall, like a bond between myself and someone else. A thread. I searched down it to find a wall of darkness at the other end, similar to the one I had created today. It was him. I must have found the bond of the bargain, but that still didn't feel like I had discovered the entire truth.

**********

TIME SKIP 5 DAYS

I woke up the next morning to the feeling of someone poking my mind. No, not my mind, the wall around it. I brought it down,
What do you want Rhys? Because if it isn't important, I swear to the Cauldron! I felt laughter,
Breakfast in half an hour. If I hadn't woken you, there would be no food for a few hours at least. I sighed, shutting him out again and practically rolled out of my bed. The cold nip of the marble floor on my feet was now familiar. I walked over to the closet and opened it to find only one piece of clothing resided there. It was the same thing Azriel and Cassian wore only more..... feminine. Only, where Cassian and Azriel's syphons were, the were black opals that seemed to absorb all the light that touched them. Death incarnate was what I was told to become, and this was exactly what I had imagined. Then I realised that I had been staring at this  thing for nearly fifteen minutes,

I quickly slipped on the clothes and the black boots from the bottom of the cupboard, plaited my hair, and walked out of my room. I now had some vague semblance of where the dining room was positioned, but the hallways all looked so similar! Every second day either Azriel or Cassian had to be sent to find me in this maze and escort me to the room, but by some miracle, I made it by myself today.

Everyone immediately looked up when I entered the room. Rhys and Amren both smirked at my new attire, Mor grinned, Cassian looked slightly taken aback and Azriel just observed me as per usual. I knew he still didn't trust me, and rightfully so, but he still talked to the others around me about everything when he knew I could hear.
"Just when I thought it was safe to like you, you go and dress like one of these idiots." Amren said, still smirking.
"It's not like I had a choice." I gave Rhys a pointed look, before sitting in my usual seat. Everyone's attention then drifted to Rhys and he shrugged,
"We need to make sure it fits for tomorrow." He said, reminding me that all of this was actually leading to something. We left tomorrow and I was nervous, this was probably the most risky thing I had ever done.
I looked to my right to see Azriel still staring at me.
"So," I said, shifting my eyes back to Rhys and the others, " any specific instructions on what to do tomorrow?"
"Well," Rhys said, placing the food back down that he was about to eat, "we all go by different things there, we do not call each other by our names. I am High Lord, Cassian is Captain, Azriel is Spymaster and you will become Cursebreaker." I nodded slowly, focused now on Azriel's title. Spymaster. Of course, that was why he didn't trust me, he was like their lead spy thing. I felt a poke on my mental barrier and brought it down.
You can really just talk. I said to Rhysand and he grinned visibly,
Now where's the fun in that? I smiled.
"You two need to stop doing that." Amren said as I threw my mental barrier back up. "Or at least be a little bit more discreet." She finished, murmuring and I rolled my eyes at her, to which she just smirked.

"Training time." Cassian said, standing up from the table and moving towards the door. I sighed, having barely eaten a bite, but followed him none the less out to the training ring. I picked up my usual sword with the black opals as Cassian pulled his from his belt.
"Ready?" He asked and I smirked, 
"Yes Captain." And he struck hard and fast. I blocked it, but only just, with my sword. I struck this time, moving with precision and speed. Cassian blocked it without a second thought, brushing it aside like air. He smirked at me and I glared back as he attack again, but this time I blocked it with a shield of fire and attacked with my sword. He was expecting it, moving his sword before it touched the flame and flicked my sword out of my hand. I smirked when he stepped away, thinking the fight was over.

I created another sword of darkness, flicking his to the floor and forming an ice dagger at his throat. He grinned,
"Now that wasn't fair." He said, before dropping swiftly to the floor, swerving around the dagger and picking up his sword. He then proceeded to pin me unceremoniously to the floor, "But I don't lose" I grinned up at him. He stood up, brushing himself off as I did the same.

Then Azriel appeared from the shadows, startling me. He completely ignored me, however, and walked straight over to Cassian as I noticed a note in his hand. Azriel whispered something into Cassian's ear and I didn't catch a word. Then Rhys winnowed in beside them and I was just standing there, completely and utterly ignored.
"Why was this in your room?" Rhysand finally asked calmly, handing me the note that I had seen in Azriel's hand.
Feyre,
Thank you so much for your contributions. The Spring Court is open for when you wish to return, I know you will be glad to finally leave.
Your love,
Tamlin

**********
A/N

I am so utterly sorry for the delay, I completely lost track of everything and exams are starting in a couple of weeks so study has been a priority.
Please leave a vote or comment if you can possibly forgive me!

P.S.
THERE ARE OVER A THOUSAND READS ON THIS BOOK AND THAT IS MORE THAN I COULD EVER ASK FOR AHHHHHHHH!!
You guys are actually amazing, and I have had so much fun writing this, it just made my day to see that I am up to over 1.1k reads!
Again, thankyou!