Chapter 14 - Feyre/Rhysand

Feyre

I eyelids slowly fluttered open and I started blinking furiously against the sudden bright light. The left side of my face was stinging slightly, but I had no reason why until I heard voices start to whisper,
"You didn't need to slap her Cassian." A male voice, presumably Azriel, hissed, so that was why my face stung "Rhys will be furious if she comes out with a bright red hand print on her face." A low rumbling laugh sounded.
"Well, it's better than having to explain that we went to her and left her when she could have been dead." He said back, and I could finally make out the details of their appearance. Both had washed off the blood of the men they had killed and seemed to be looking a lot better than they did when I had last seen them.
"So you couldn't have poked me? You had to slap me." I said, my voice sounding more groggy than I wanted to. Cassian grinned and Azriel stood there silently like he always did.
"Actually, I poked you numerous times before I slapped you, but you found it necessary to sleep through that. So much so that we had to abandon you until this morning." Cassian said, and I finally took in my surroundings. Instead of being in the cold stone hallway I had fallen asleep in, I now lay in a bed in a room I had never seen before. I jolted upright, slightly startling Cassian but not even fazing Azriel. I could see out a window and realised I was still at the Illyrian camp, but just in one of the little stone cabins on the top of a hill.
"Where am I?" I asked, hoping for a more specific answer than I expected.
"The High Lord's cabin at the camp." Cassian said, following my train of sight to out of the window. I could see a few Illyrians milling around the camp, seeming like they didn't exactly know what to do after the events of yesterday. A few were trying out their newly mended, or created, wings. I flopped back down onto the bed, praying that sleep would come again before they could drag me out into the cold. 
"Uh, uh." Cassian said, lifting me out of bed and dumping me on the cold, hard, wooden floor of the room. It smelled musty and there was a very thin layer of dust or dirt coating the floor, except for the footprints going between my bed and the door. I looked at the footprints a bit more closely, but none were distinguishable from the other. Shame. I would love to see the look on the High Lord's face if I could tell him how many times he visited me while I was out. 

I heaved myself up to my feet and wiped off the dust, before turning to Cassian and Azriel.
"What now?" I asked. "What was so urgent that you had to wake me from the only sleep I'm ever going to get from this point onwards." Cassian frowned,
"No one believes that a woman healed them all and that you were the one who did it." He said, and I tilted my head in confusion.
"They want proof." Azriel added, "and they want it now." I sighed, pricks. Illyrians were all pricks, especially the High Lord variation.
"Fine, let's give them proof." I turned and walked out the door, anger swirling around inside me. If they were using 'because I'm a woman' as an excuse, I would skin them all alive. 

Rhysand

A laugh threatened to spill from my lips when I saw Feyre storming from my lodge, anger clouding her eyes. She looked like she was going to rip them all apart, and rightfully so. Her eyes caught mine and even more anger began crowding her face, I grinned, which didn't seem to make my situation better. She stormed towards me and went to smack me, before quickly reconsidering. 
"You owe me a lot for saving those pricks from what they most definitely deserved." She snapped, which made me grin even more. I would have gladly let her leave the Illyrian to live without wings, they deserved it, but without them the Night Court had no army.
"You got it darling." I purred and winked, making her snarl, before she stormed off in the direction of the rest of the camp. I watched her go.
"You're made for each other." Cassian said, laughing slightly when I frowned, and then patting me one the back, "in the nicest way possible for the two biggest pricks in Prythian." 
"You flatter me Cassian, by saying that I am a bigger prick than you." I said back, and before he could say another snarky remark, I winnowed after my mate.

**********

A/N

And the update has finally arrived!!!!
School has just started, and I literally just got back from holiday, so there should be weekly updates, at most probably, but keep reading because I will really try (even if it means my grades go down :P )

Which book do you guys want me to update next? This one, A Land of Memories and Prophecies or Two Worlds Collide?

Thanks for reading!