Chapter 3 - Feyre

"Great." I muttered under my breath and created an orb of light in my hands, but nothing worked. Darkness became everything, and there were no exceptions. That High Lord, whatever his name was, would probably be here somewhere. Then I brought my wings back out again and flew straight up into the night sky and finally emerged from the darkness, only to find those two stupid bastards from before waiting for me. I snarled and glared at them before they both grabbed me and we hovered down to the floor. Fighting was pointless considering there was no way out, and I kind of wanted to find out more about these people. Damn me, I was too inquisitive for my own good.

The darkness gradually melted away and before me I saw the face I had been dreading my entire stay at the spring court. The High Lord of the Night Court. I glared at him, but he did not return the stare, instead the two women on either side of him did. I looked at each of them in turn, the blond one looked more inquisitive than threatening, but the other one looked like she was about to commit mass murder. I glared at her, the promise for death and destruction as present in my own eyes as hers.  She looked slightly startled and I smirked, happy that I had gotten to her.
"So....." The red one said, "What do we do with her." The High Lord laughs slightly,
"The last time I saw her was Under the Mountain, and that was a strange time wasn't it Feyre?" He said to me, and I swear I heard kindness in his voice.
"Shut the fuck up!" I shouted at him, "You have fucked up my life enough already." I felt a sharp object on my back and the death-stare-woman snarled at me, pure rage ever present in her eyes.
"Careful." One of the stupid bastards whispered in my ear.
"I could say the same to you." I said through gritted teeth as I slapped him across the face with one of my wings before they quickly disappeared. I swear I heard the blond one laugh slightly and I smirked, if only I could see the look on that bastard's face right now. Then the blue bastard appeared out of what seemed to be merely a shadow and I my mouth fell agape. He smirked at me this time and I glared at him, still slightly shocked at what I had just witnessed.
"She is not normal." He said to the High Lord.
"No kidding," He muttered back, "She startled Amren and swore at a High Lord." The blue one snorted. "Let's just get her back to Velaris, we can decide what to do with here there."