Chapter 10 - Feyre/Rhysand

Feyre

I had to read the note about five times before I could speak, the words became imprinted in my mind.

"First of all, why would I help that prick? And second," I said, lifting my eyes from the note now, "why the hell were you in my room?" None of them responded, Azriel still glared at me, Cassian looked betrayed and Rhys just looked confused. I sighed, letting down my barriers. I felt Rhys's familiar presence inside my head, then it was gone and I threw my barriers back up.
"She doesn't know where the note is from, nor has she written one to him since she left." He said and Cassian looked relieved, whereas Azriel looked ashamed.
"I still want my answer." I said, placing my hands on my hips and giving Azriel a pointed look.
"One of my spies was doing his rounds and he saw it appear on your bed." Azriel said. Great, just great. Not only did Tamlin know where I was, but he also knew which room I was in. 
"So who knows which room I am in?" I asked them and Rhys shrugged,
"Us, Mor, Amren, Guards and..." He trailed off, realisation dawning on his face. 
"And what?" I asked.
"Before our Courts were enemies, the room you were staying in was the guest accommodation for the Spring Court Officials." My mouth formed an 'o'. 

Rhysand

I was going to kill that little shit the next time I saw him. He had no right sending messages to people in my Court, never mind the fact that she was my mate! I knew Feyre would never send a letter to Tamlin, and I was completely relieved when I found out that she wasn't lying. But the fact that Tamlin still tries to get to her, even if she doesn't want to, is just stooping to an all new low.
"What should we do?" Azriel whispered to me, obviously slightly worried and angry as well. My eyes darted to Cassian and Feyre who seemed to be deep in discussion about all of the reasons why Tamlin was an asshole, and seemed to be in the process of making him customised nicknames. Tamlin the Tool becoming the favourite. I looked back at Azriel,
"We still bring her to the camp tomorrow, but now we send him a message back." I said to him. "Tell him exactly what the Night Court thinks of his stupid fake messages." Azriel nodded and winnowed away to send the message.

"I think Tamlin the Tool is just a bit tacky, it doesn't really fit with his whole asshole personality." Cassian said.
"Personally I feel like Tamlin the Turd fits best." I said and Feyre grinned.
"Now that is a good one." She said, but her face quickly turned serious. "So what are we doing?"
"We still leave tomorrow, and Azriel is in the process of replying to Tamlin's message." Feyre nodded. Tamlin was in for one hell of a surprise if he tried to mess with my Night Court, especially my mate.
"So how exactly do I need to act tomorrow. Because going to a war camp and acting the way I do around here doesn't really fit." Feyre asked, reminding me that she had never done this before. I sighed,"Just pretend that you crawled out from the darkest hole of hell." I said before grinning wickedly. Feyre matched my grin, and it was terrifying. Cauldron bless me, she looked like the Devil himself.
"That," commented Cassian, looking quite surprised, "Is more terrifying than Azriel when he gets mad." Feyre looked completely confused now, but I just laughed. It truly was terrifying when Azriel got mad, especially considering it barely ever happens.
"Get some rest," I said to Feyre and Cassian, "we have a long day tomorrow."

Feyre

I smiled before winnowing to my room. It felt familiar now, winnowing, like something I forgotten and only just remembered.
I sighed and slumped down into the fluffy pillows and mattress of my bed. Tomorrow was going to be hard, creating and wearing the mask all day was only a tiny part. My eyes closed and sleep reigned.

I woke up later that night, startled to find a letter lying beside me.
Feyre darling,
I suggest you return back to where you belong soon, or you will force me to do something I wish to not have to do.
You love,
Tamlin
I read it twice. Why did he think I would go back? What gave him the power to just threaten me and request me back now. The part that unnerved me most was the fact that he was going to do something. I could not let these people suffer because of my wishes to stay here. I tucked the letter back under my pillow and closed my eyes again, and sleep slowly resumed. Bringing with it the nightmares I had tried so hard to forget.

A/N

Hey everyone, thanks so much for the support on both my books I really appreciate it!
Get ready for a bit of a plot twist in the next chapter! Be prepared!

Love you all, especially those who have been here from the beginning! Vote comment and share to get the chapters coming sooner.