Was this double standards? I always knew my brother was my mom's favorite so it didn't surprise me really.

Second, I want to go home.

Third, I really really want to go home.

My eyes narrowed to my mother, silently cursing her. Before my mouth could open, she spoke "Best behaviors everyone."

"I never promised that." I mumbled, taking a deep breath of the cold night air surrounding us.

One by one we entered the restaurant, the smell of food, different voices, and heat engulfed my cold body. Instantly greeted by a waiter, my mother asked where the Dolans were and he directed us to their table.

We followed behind the small stubby man to a table with an older man, a woman, and what appears to be a teenage- or adult- girl.

"Hi, Lydia," the older man from the table stood up, entrapping my mother into a bear hug. I stepped back for a second, taken off guard with their friendliness.

"Hello, Sean." My mother reflected his big bright smile, wrapping her arms around him as well.

I'm guessing that's Sean.

They pulled apart. Sean's gaze meeting my Dads, his smile widened ( I didn't think it was possible) , shaking hands with him.
Everyone from the table stood up, greeting and Introducing one another.

I felt like I was at a business deal, being auctioned off. Watching their interactions from behind my brother, I learned the older woman's name is Lisa and girl is named Cameron.

Lisa turned to face me, taking a step to wrap her arms around me, mental panic consumed my brain for a second.

I don't know her, anything about her. Don't hug me!

I didn't want her to even touch my skin, better yet, I didn't want anyone to look my way. I didn't want hugs, kisses, any of that shit from someone that I didn't know.

Surprisingly, my brother swooped in unknowingly saving me from the awkward interaction. "Hi, my name is Darrick." he beamed up at Lisa.

"Hi, Darrick," Lisa chuckled, they continued a conversation that I wasn't interested in. Then, Sean took my hand, taking me off guard.

Does this family have issues on touching others? Or personal boundaries? Don't touch my skin!

"Nice to meet you." He smiled warmly and I drew on a fake one back.

"You too, my name is Olivia." I nodded, hoping he would pull his hand away first. He did so, walking away to greet my brother.

I turned to be faced with a happy Cameron, her hand out to shake mine. "Uh, hi." I said within the first few seconds as our hands kept shaking.

"Hey, I'm Cameron. Sorry about my family, they're a bit overwhelming." She chuckled softly, I raised an eyebrow but pretended to laugh along.

This night felt like it has gone on forever. Everyone was in their own conversations, my dad and Sean talking about sports, Lisa, Cameron and my mom were talking about big words nonsense and here I am. Just here.

My eyes traveled to my brother in boredom, seeing him on my mom's phone playing a video game. I mentally sighed, plopping my elbow onto the table, resting my chin on my hand.

My eyes met my mother's, glaring daggers into me. I suddenly remembered the last time my elbows were on the table.

"Take your elbows off the table, Olivia." She warned, gracefully setting down the plates on the table.