The Secret

The sun shined throught the window and landing upon my eyes, causing me to wake up. I yawned and got out fo bed. I looked at the clock. It was 6 in the morning. I walked in the kitchedn, but decided to take a peak at the guys. Seeing that they were asleep, I tiptoed back into the kitchen. As quietly as I could, I began cooking scrambled eggs with a side of bacon, and toast. I put butter on the toast after it was out of the toaster and set up the plates. After that, I placed the eggs on one plate, the bacon on another, and the toast on another. I placed all three pplates on the table, then I was done. Taking a quick look at the clock and noticing it was still early, I decided to take a shower. It me about 20 minutes. I changed in the restroom, then walked out. The guys were awake now, but they didn't see me. So, I sneaked back into the kitchen and poured myself a glass of chocolete milk. I put the milk away, then began walking to the counter to get my milk. Suddenly, Two-Bit came up behind me, picked me up, and swung me around.

"You're alive!" he yelled, causing the rest of the guys to enter the kitchen. Once Two-Bit put me down, they all hugged me.

"Thank you for not swinging me around" I said. Everybody laughed and released me. I grabbed my milk and took a sip.

"Breakfast is on the table guys" I said.

"Wooee, I'm starving" Two-Bit exclaimed.

"You always are" I teased. He just smiled at me and went to eat. Dally stayed here with me, while the guys went to eat.

"Why did you wake up early?" I shrugged.

"I blame the sun" I replied. He smiled.

"Better go eat" I said.

"Not hungry" he responded rubbing his tummy. I chuckled.

"What about you?" he asked.

"I'm not hungry" I replied, mocking him. We both laughed.

"You're ganna pay for that" he joked.

"Oh, what are you ganna do?" I playfuly asked. He looked at me, and I knew what he was thinking.

"You wouldn't" I said. With that, he came at me, but before I could run, he wrapped his amrs around my waist.

"Wait, my milk" I said. He got it and placed it on the counter. I smiled at him. Dally rested his hands on my hips.

"So, want to go to the movies with me today?"

"Sure, where?" I wondered.

"At the drive-in" he responded.

"Okay" I slightly nodded my head. He gave me a quick peck on the lips, then walked into the dining room.

"What was with all the noise?" Darry asked, walking in. Once he saw me, he smiled.

"Well, lookee here, guess somebody woke up okay today" he said.

"Got that right" I replied with a smile. Suddenly, Soda came running in, and knocked me down.

"Shoot, I thought you'd never recover" he exclaimed, hugging me tightly. I laughed.

"You can off of me now Soda" I said after a while of just laying there on the floor with Soda hugging me. He released me and stood up, then helped me to my feet.

"By the way, breakfast's on the table. Better get there soon before they finish it all" I said. We all laughed, then they went to go eat. I grabbed my milk, and headed out to the living room. The tv wasn't on, but I didn't care. All they ever show is mickey mouse, movies, and other boring stuff. I drank my milk qietly. I thought about what happened yesterday. It was alot to digest. I mean, Matt trying to rape me and then kidnapping me, the fight between me and Dally, and then Dally and I going out. A lot has happened in just one night. I can barely keep up. Only one good thing came out of it, Dally kissed me!!!! And said I'm his!!!! It felt like a dream come true. Finally, after all, this time, we're together atlast. I looked outside. The sun was shining in my face. I stood up and went to my room to get ready for work. I changed, fixed my hair, and drank the rest of my milk. By the time I was done, the guys finished eating. I cleaned up the table, and put all the dishes in the sink. Out of nowhere, Soda came up to me.

"Do you mind picking Ponyboy up after school?" I shook my head.

"I don't mind at all" I said. He smiled.

"Great, now let's get going" he said, patting my back. I grabbed the car keys and headed outside. Everybody got out and split up. I started the car and waited for Steve and Sodapop. Dally came up to my window, so I rolled it down.

"Hey, don't tell the guys about us just yet okay" he said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Well, atleast not your brothers" he responded.

"Why not?"

"Think about what just happened, what will your brothers say if they found out you were dating me, the biggest player in tulsa?" He had a point there. Suddanly, Soda got in the passenger seat, and Steve jumped in the back.

I looked at them, then turned back to Dally.

"I'll see you later Dal" I said casually.

"Okay, bye" he said, walking away.  can't believe I have to keep a secret from the guy that loved me almost like he'd love a sister. I have to admitt, it did break my heart, but I gotta do it, to stay with Dally. I drove to the DX in silence, while the guys were talking about some rummble. I wasn't really listening cause I already had too much on my mind. I parked the car and walked inside the store. I sat at the couter and picked up the magazine I used to read while I sat here when I was 14. It was old, but it was better than doing nothing.

"Hey, what were you talking about with Dallly?" I looked up to find Steve.

"Oh, nothing" I lied.

"Well, ya'll had to say something" he said.

"Well I guess, but it was nothing mostly" I replied. He shook his head.

"You going to the rumble Wensday night?" I was about to answer when Soda came up behind me, placed an arm on my shoulder, and butted in.

"She ain't goin' nowhere Wensday night" he said.

"Why not?" Steve asked.

"Because, I don't want her to get hurt or nothing" he responded.

"I won't get hurt" I said. Both guys turned to me.

"Well I ain't taking any chances" he said.

"Please, I wanna go" I pleaded. He shook his head.

"C'mon, she could sit by and watch" Steve pleaded a long with me. Soda glared at him. Steve flinged his hands in the air in surrender and backed away.

"Please Soda?" He turned his attention back to me.

"I don't want you coming home with a broken rib or nothing" he said in disagreement.

"Aww c'mon, I wanna see ya'll fight" I replied. He shook his head.

"No mam, what if you get hurt?" I gave him a pleading look.

"I'll be a safe distance away" I said.

"Cyndy-" I cut him off.

"C'mon, I know how to fight remember? I won't get hurt" I said. He sighed, and I knew I just won.

"Fine, but don't get in the middle of the rumble got it?" I nodded. He walked out the store with Steve. Yess, I'm going to my first ever rumble, even thought I'm not going to be in it.