The gang

Ponyboy opened the door and walked in, I followed close behind.

"Ponyboy, where have you been?" a muscular guy asked.

"I got in trouble with a couple of soc., but I'm okay" he replied.

"Who's this cute broad?" asked a guy, walking up behind me.

"This is Cyndy, she's from south Texas, but somehow ended up here, and has nowhere to stay" Ponyboy explained. Both guys stood there, examining me from head to toe."Do you think she can stay with us?" he asked. They looked at each other, then turned back to me and Ponyboy.

"Okay, but you have to share your room with her, I'll share with Sodapop" the muscular guy said. "Thanks, by the way, this is Darry and Sodapop" he said to me.

"Nice to meet you" I shyly said. Out of nowhere, the front door flew open and four teenage guys stepped in.

"Hey where's the-" one said, but then stopped once he saw me. "Who's this?" he asked.

"This is Cyndy, she'll be staying with us" Ponyboy explained.

"Cyndy, this is Two-Bit, Dally, Steve, and Johnny" he introduced.

"Hi" I greeted. I felt nervous, because I was the only girl here.

"So, how old are you?" Two-Bit asked, placing his arm around me. "

She's 13"  Ponyboy answered for me, moving his arm away.

"You can sit down on the couch" he said to me. I did, and Two-Bit sat down next to me, while Steve sat on the other side.

"Where you from?" Steve asked.

"South Texas" I replied.

"That's tuff" Two-Bit said.

"Yea I guess" I replied.

"Is your hair naturally like this?" Steve asked, getting one of my curls.

"Yea" i responded. They got a little too close to me, causing me to get even more nervous.

"Guys, do you mind not making her nervous?" Ponyboy asked them.

"We're not making her nervous, are we?" Steve asked, facing me.

"Uhh just a little" I replied, feeling myself start blushing.

"And I was worried Dally would try to flirt her up" Ponyboy stated.

"I got a girlfriend man, c'mon" Dally said. He took out a cigarette and lit it up. I was surprised, I didn't know teenagers were allowed to smoke. Dally had brown hair and looked tough. Unlike him, Ponyboy had light brown hair, was kinda tall, and looked really sweet.

"Hey Pony, you wanna go to the nightly double tonight?" Johnny asked him.

"Yea, sure I'll go" he replied. Then Johnny turned to me.

"Would you like to go too?" he asked me shyly.

"Sure, why not" I replied. I saw him smile.

"I'll come too" Two-Bit blurted.

"I'll go too, there'll be nothing else to do" Dally said.

"Okay, we'll leave in a little while" Johnny stated.

"Hey Ponyboy, I want you to be careful okay" Darry instructed him.

"I will be" Ponyboy replied. After talking for a few minutes, Dally, Two-Bit, Johnny, Ponyboy, and I all headed out. On the way there, we talked. I stayed close to Ponyboy.

"You wanna a smoke?" he asked me. I looked at the cigarette. Two-Bit snatched it away from him before I got a chance to answer.

"Don't smoke kid, it's a bad habit" Two-Bit said to me.

"Okay" I slowly replied. "Aye, do you mind if I invite Sylvia?" Dally asked.

"Nah man, go ahead" Johnny replied. We stopped at a house, where a girl stepped out, and got a hold of Dally's hand. I ended up walking next to Johnny.

"So, how you liking it here?" he asked, not as shy.

"It's real nice, I like it" I replied.

"That's cool" he said.

"How long have you lived here?" I asked.

"All my life" he replied.

"Have you ever been out of this town?" I asked.

"Nope" he replied.

"Oh" I said. "How bout you? Have you ever been out of south Texas before?" he asked.

"Yea, I've gone to Mexico, Louisiana, and New Mexico" I replied. He smiled.

"You dig okay" he said.

"Is that a good thing?" I asked.

"Yea it is" he replied. Before I knew it, we arrived. I sat between Dally and Two-Bit. I felt a bit uncomfortable, but what can I do about it. Somewhere in the middle of the movie, a guy came asking for Sylvia. It turns out, she was two-timing Dally again. He told her to leave and they broke up. He was troubled, but I was a little too scared to talk to him. I  decided to try to talk to him.

"You okay Dally?" I asked.

"Yea man, don't worry about it" he replied.

"You sure?" I asked.

"I'm just a little upset., that's all" he said.

"Well if you need to talk, I'm right here" I reassured him. He turned to me and studied me closely.

"Okay" he finally said. I turned back and began watching the movie again. Two-Bit bought me some popcorn and a coke. I thanked him for it, and that put a big smile on his face. It made the guys laugh a bit, including Dally.