Dally's ex-girlfriend

The afternon came, and I sat down on the couch. Darry healed my cuts, but it still hurt. And Two-Bit has been flirting with me ever since I gave him that kiss. It was cute, but after a while, I knew it would get annoying. I was alone with Ponyboy for once. He was in our room, while I watched tv in the living room. I was as bored as can be, there was nothing to do. Suddenly, Ponyboy walked into the living room.

"What're ya watching?" he asked.

"If I knew I would tell ya" I responded.

"I'm guessing your bored" he said.

"Yea" I replied.

"Want to go for a walk?" he asked.

"I guess" I answered. I turned off the tv and followed Ponyboy out the door. We walked side by side.

"How is the town so far?" he asked. It was probably the only thing there was to talk about.

"It's nice, except for yesterday" I responded bitterly.

"I'm glad you're alright though" he blurted. I cracked a smile. Suddenly, I  heard somebody honk, which startled me. I grabbed Ponyboy by the neck, but didn'y choke him or anything.

"You okay?" he asked.

"Honestly, no" I confessed.

"Your a little like Johnny" he said.

"How?" I asked.

"Well, a few months ago, he got jumped by some soc. It wasn't pretty, he was cut up badly. Now he's jumpier than ever" he explained.

"That's bad" I said.

"Yea, but now we stick together, just incase we run into some soc" he responded. 

"Ponyboy, why are you soo nice?" I asked. That question took him by surprise.

"Well uh I just am" he responded, sounding awkward.

"There's rarely any nice boys these days" I said.

"Yea, I guess I'm one of the few" he replied  bitterly.

"But that's a good thing" I quickly said.

"How?" he asked.

"Because, girls always like nice boys, any girl would be lucky to have you" I complimented. He turned to me and smiled.

"You ganna make dinner again for us?" he asked cheerfuly.

"I don't know, do you want me to?" I asked.

"Yea" he responded. I chuckled. It was nice to have a buddy like Ponyboy. He reminded me of my friends bacck home, which brought my spirits down. I really missed them.

"What's wrong?" Ponyboy asked, noticing the look on my face.

"Nothing" I replied. I could tell that he didn't believe me, but he didn't say anything else. Out of nowhere, Sylvia ran up to us.

"You little bitch, don't you ever talk to Dallas again. Because of you, he won't talk to me. So stay away from him, or I'll fix you up" she threatened.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"You think you're better than me don't you. Well you're not. Dally doesn't even like you, so don't you try any tricks on him. If you steal him away from me, I'll kill you! Better yet, just go back to where you came from. Nobody will even notice, they're only nice to you because they feel sorry for you. So why don't you just leave and never come back!" she yelled, then slapped me hard enough to kknock me down. I was on the ground, starring in disbelief. I felt tears well up in  my eyes."Get out of here and never come back you stupid bitch!" she shouted. I got up and ran away. I heard Ponyboy call my name, but I didn't stop. I just kept on running and running. 

I had no place to go, I was all alone. After walking for a long time, I went to the lot. It was empty as usual. I sat on the grass and looked out at the houses near by. What did I do to make Dally not want to talk to her again? It made no sense. I'm sure I didn't do anything wrong. I layed down on my back and gazed at the stars. It was night already. I bet the gang already gave up looking by now, or maybe they didn't even look for me at all. i turned to my side, and quietly began crying again. I thought that they really did care about me, especially Two-Bit. I guess I was wrong. It made my chest hurt, like my heart was broken. I wiped away the tears, but they still ran down my cheeks. I gently rubbed my right cheek, where Sylvia slapped me. It hurts alot. I looked at the scars on my body, each one was bad. I've only been here for a few days, and look what has happened.

"I wanna go home" I quietly sobbed to myself. I accidenlt went to sleep.

I heard voices all around me. Someone was shaking me, causing me to wake up.

"Hey Cyndy, wake up" a tough familiar voice said. I slowly opened my eyes, and saw Dally looking down at me. I was back at the Curtis house somehow.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Alot of drama, but yoour back home now" he said.

"How did I get here?" I asked.

"I carried you from the lot" he rsponded.

"Uh... what did Sylvia tell you?" he asked. I thought for a moment, and then I rememmbered the harsh words that she told me. Every single word, was glued into my mind. I felt the tears coming through my eyes again.

"What's wrong?" he asked. I shook my head.

"C'mon tell me" he pleaded, using his tough voice.

"She just told me to stay away from you" I confesed.

"That's all?" he asked.

No, she told me to leave and called me a female dog" I responded. His eyes were like fireballs of fury. "Don't worry, I won't let her do that again" he reasured me. Why was Dally being so nice to me all of a sudden? It wasn't awkward, but it was kinda wierd. I didn't say anything else.

"Go back to sleep" he said, walkiing out of the room.