toughest girl in town

A couple of guys stepped out, and I didn't care enough to count. The one in light brown hair, tall, and musular, came a little closer. I supported my body with my left leg, and placed my hand on my hip, trying ot look like I didn't care. All the guys just starred at me.

"Can I help you?" I asked, using a bit of attitude.

"Don't think today is your lucky day greaser" the guy with the brown hair said.

"Thankyou for not thinking I'm a soc, now get lost" I demanded, as I turned around and began walking away.

"Hey, we're not done here" he said. I rolled my eyes and turned back around. If I have to kick thier buts, then I will. I wouldn't really care.

"Look, I'm not looking for trouble, so hike up your monkey pants and leave" I said.

"What'd you say to me?" I crossed my arms infront of my chest.

"You heard me, I didn't mumble" I replied. He let out a chuckle.

"You're dead greaser" he said. They charged at me, but I ran away. I have a plan, I hope. All I need is to think of one. I kept running, and running, and running, until I came upon the park. Ponyboy and Johnny were there, and they saw me. I didn't say anythig or yell out anything, cause they ran began running with me. It took them a while before reaching me.

"What happend?" Ponyboy asked.

"I got soc pissed off so they started chasing me" I stated. Johnny didn't say anything, and the next thing I know, I tripped and fell.

"Why do I always trip when I'm running away from somebody? God, I gotta stop doing that" I said outloud. Ponyboy and Johnny stopped and helped me up. The soc caught up to us, and surrounded us. I was getting scared, but tried not to show it. I was sick of soc always beating us up because they feel like it.

"You're ganna get it bad" the soc with brown hair said.

In an instant, they came at us. They got my on the ground, and held Ponyboy and Johnny off. They kicked me in the stomach, then slapped me hard across the face. They were hitting me, kicking me, and cut me too. Ponyboy and Johnny were fighting to get to me. I was hurting all over, and I don't think I could move now. I was gasping and was on the verge of giving up fighting back. My head was hurting, and so was the rest of my body. I may not be dead, but I think I'm ganna pass out any moment. I turned to face Ponyboy and Johnny. They were hurting them too. It's bad to hurt me, but it's worse to hurt my friends. I grabbed a soc leg, and pulled it. He fell back, and I punched the other two soc away from me. I stood up and so did they. I kicked one down, and punched another as hard as I could. I grabbed the last one, and twisted his arm, then knocked him down, and kicked him in the stomach. I pushed the soc off of Ponyboy, and punched one, then ran him into one that was attacting Johnny. I kicked the other one then got him on the ground. I had my knee on his back, and was bending his leg. Then I hit his head against the groung. I got up off of him and looked at the last guy standing. he looked terrified.

"Make sure to tell your friends that if they even look at them ugly, then they're ganna deal with me got it?" He nodded. "Get lost bub" I said. He ran off and I turned towards Ponyboy and Johhny. They were still on the ground. "Are ya'll okay?" They looked at me and nodded. I got down infront of them. Ponyboy looked like he was ganna cry. I hugged him tighly. "Don't worry, as long as I'm here, I won't let nobody hurt you" I reasured him, as I pulled away. I looked at Johnny and messed up his hair. "Or you" I said. He slightly smiled.

"Are you alright?" Johnny asked me. I nodded.

"But you're bleeding" Ponyboy said. touching the side of my head. I smiled at him.

"I'll be just fine" I said. Well, atleast I hope I am. Suddenly, the whole gang came running over here. Darry and Dally were the first to get here.

"Are ya'll okay?" Darry asked.

"We're okay" Ponyboy said. I didn't say anything, I was just glad Pony and Johnny were okay. I didn't care about how I was, and I should but whatever.

"Are you okay?" Darry asked me.

"Yea I'm fine" I responded.

"How come you're bleeding?" Steve asked.

"I uh... I was the one the soc were chasing" I stated. Darry turned to me and stuffed his fist in his pockets.

"Oh yea, how come?" I got a little scared, but tried to keep my voice under control.

"They were ganna jump me anyway, so I just told them stuff" I said.

"Like what?" Two-Bit asked with a smirk.

"I called them names and stuff" I replied. Darry shook his head.

"Try to stay outta trouble" he said.

"She sent them running" Ponyboy butted in. He stood up and looked at Darry. "They were hurting me and Johnny, and she helped us" he added.

"Is that true?" Darry asked me. I nodded.

"You must be good at kicking ass" Dally said. I smiled.

"Nah, not really" I responded.

"Shoot, you might as well be the toughest girl in town" Ponyboy blurted. I chuckled, it could be true. I stood up and helped Johnnycake to his feet.

"So, I'm guessing you got it worst" Dally said to me. I was a little comfused.

"What do you mean?" He pointed to the said of my face.

"You're bleeding" he stated. I touched it.

"Oh yea I guess" I responded.

"Next time, have one of us go with you okay?" Two-Bit said. I nodded.

"C'mon, let's go" Sodapop said. 

When we got home, Darry cleaned off all the blood, then put a band-aid on it.

"Thanks Darry" I said.

"Don't worry about it kid" he replied. He went to the kitchen, leaving me in the living room with the guys. I sat on the couch next to Two-Bit.

"How many soc were there?" he asked me. I shrugged.

"I don't know, I didn't count" I responded.

"There were 7 of them" Ponybooy said. Woa, I took down 7 soc, how cool is that.

"All I know is that I, I think I won't be able to move that much for a few days" I complained.

"That bad huh?" Dally asked. I nodded.

"Are you ganna be okay?" Ponyboy asked.

"Yea, I'll be fine" I replied.He smiled the kind of smile that says, I don't think so. I gave him a reasuring look, and he seemed to relax. I looked at him and Johnny. They weren't all that beat up, but they did have a few bruises. I felt kinda bad for them, I mean they have to live through this until they grow up. And I don't think I'll stay here for the rest of my life. I need to go back home someday, maybe not tommorrow, or the day after that, but someday. I just hope that the gang understands, and let me go. But I sure will miss them a whole lot. 

"Hey kid, are you alright?" I was snapped out of my thoughts and turned to face Steve.

"Yea, why?" He looked like he was looking for the right  words.

"You seemed lost in thought" he replied.

"Oh, yea don't worry about that" I said. He cocked an eyebrow at me, but smiled when I smiled. It's good to have friends like the gang. You know, I don't think the gang as just friends, I think of them as my family.