Hiding the truth

I sat on the couch, after eating a good dinner. Darry made it today. The guys asked me all kinds of questions that I could barely answer. I was happy to be back, and this time I plan on staying. Dally was sitting right next to me. I looked at him, remembering how I used to like him. I still kinda do, but I'm trying to forget about it. I already confessed to him, but I think he doesn't remember. I turned my attention to the tv. Mickey Mouse was on, as always. I was a little bored, so I decided to go out for a walk. I stood up and headed for the door.

"Where are you going?" Dally asked.

"Out" I replied.

"Alone?" he wondered. I shrugged my shoulders. He shook his head.

"Well do you want to come with me?" I asked.

"I guess I will" he replied. He stood up and followed me out the door. There was a slight wind. I looked around. I can't believe it's been three months in this time. As we walked, it was quiet.

"So, how's Sylvia?" I asked, trying to sound happy.

"I don't know, I broke up with her the day after you left" he responded.

"Oh I'm sorry" I apologized.

"It's cool" he stated with a smile. Out of nowhere, a guy with a motorcycle passed us. He was about to hit me, but Dally pulled me out of the way. He held me in his arms for a while. I felt me heart stop for a moment, as he looked into my eyes. I snapped out of it, and pulled away.

"Thanks Dal" I said.

"Don't worry about it" he responded.

"Were you upset when I left?" I wondered. He looked at me, and sighed.

"Yea, it was my fault you ran away" he sadly said.

"It wasn't your fault, it's just that I couldn't handle getting hurt anymore, and I was home sick too" I explained.

"Sure" he responded.

"It's true" I stated.

"Was that why you told me to go to hell?" he asked, tyring to prove his point.

"I only told you that because you were back together with Sylvia, even after all she did to me" I said, trying to control my temper.

"If I didn't, then she would of kept hurting you and I couldn't let that happen" he replied, almost yelling.

"Either way, she'll still be hurting me" I blurted, matching his tone of voice. He looked shocked, and I realized what I said.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"Nothing" I responded.

"Tell me what you meant" he said.

"I'll tell you later" I responded. He gave me a look that sent chills down my spine. It was that kind of look bad boys use that make them look irresistible.

"Don't look at me like that" I playfully said. He smirked at me. I shook my head, and we kept on walking. He couldn't take his eyes off of me for some reason. I looked at then turned away.

"Take a picture, it won't last as long" I said, playing around.

"I would but I don't have a camera" he replied, using a smartly pants tone.

"Well go buy one" I replied, using the same tone.

"I don't have any money" he said.

"Well get a job or something" I responded.