✺ Meeting Bangtan Boys ✺

Date: February 2012

About a month after my audition, I am already used to the Big Hit grounds. After school, I would come straight here to practice whatever assignment I was given, whether it was vocal or dance lessons, or producing. Of course I had to tell the store owner I got in the company and I wouldn't be able to perform anymore, but he thanked me for my hard work and wished me luck.

I was used to training by myself in an empty practice room, or training with the other 6 girl trainees in the company. As much as I wanted to make friends with them...they were always gossiping to much for my liking. Big Hit is small, and there about 15 male trainees besides us girls. Right now GLAM, which is a girl group under the company, is set to debut in a couple months so the company is getting ready. The trainees are still being trained well, at least that's what I think because we're always busy. 

Usually after practice I would call my dad to pick me up at around 9pm or 10 pm. Today is different because Mr. Bang told me he had something important to say and I should go straight to his office when I arrive.

After saying a quick greeting to Miss Kim, who works at the entrance, I walked up to the elevator and hit 'Floor 3'. I was a bit nervous, I didn't know what was going to happen, but I hope I hadn't messed up in my training or paperwork already. Once I exited the elevator, I walked straight toward his office and knocked on the door.

"Come in" I heard a response. So I opened the door and entered, and I was met with Mr Bang who greeted me with a smile.

"Annyeong Luna-ssi. Come sit down, have a seat!" He said and I bowed following his order.

He got straight to business. "How are you adjusting to the company Luna? The vocal teacher and our main choreographer have many great things to say about you." A smile grew on my face and I mentally cheered myself on.

"It's great! Everyone treats me nice and the work is not too much! I will continue to do my best in the future CEO-nim" We both laughed.

After that, his smile dropped a bit and I realized he was about to say something serious. "According to your trainers, you're the best female trainee we have at the moment. As you know, the company is getting ready to debut GLAM in a couple months. Initially, we wanted you to debut as soon as possible, but after some talking we decided you are too young and inexperienced in training to join the GLAM members. I wanted to let you know this because the other girls have trained and gotten to know each other for months, it wouldn't sit right to let you in so suddenly. On the other hand, I don't want your abilities to go to waste and keep you here as a trainee for years until we form our next female group. Because I have gotten many praises and compliments about your abilities from your instructors, and it just goes to show what I'm about to say next may or not surprise you..." He looked straight at me with a small smile on his face.

"Would you be interested to debut with another group I already have planned?"

It took me a while to process what he said, and when I finally got it I smiled and jumped for joy.

"Yes, yes absolutely!" I squealed excited. "When do I get to meet the girls?" I asked happily. But then I realized. "Wait, didn't you say I can't debut now and have to wait until you plan the next girl group years later? Then what do you mean?"

But I saw the change in his reaction at my last words. "Well you see, the group I have planned is a male group. There are currently 6 boys planned to debut in the group sometime next year, and they've been trainees for quite some time."

My smile faltered a little bit and I felt my eyes slightly widening a bit. Me in a group full of males?

"After seeing your audition, I knew you would fit the group's image. Although we had been planning to start another girl group in the company after GLAM, we thought it would be best to try something different, something that would spark interest in the music community". He sighed a bit and continued on. "Luna-ssi, we are a small company related to other successful companies in the same industry. But I had a vision of you and these 6 boys changing the game of kpop stereotypes and putting out music that can touch people's hearts. I've seen some of your produced lyrics in vocal class. They're amazing. But...the choice is yours." He concluded.