Baek Luna (OC Intro)

Name: Baek Luna
Occupation: Kpop idol (BTS Member)

Position: Main Vocal, Dancer, Rapper (known as the "All-around" member)

Born: Sep 17, 1996 in Manhattan, NYC
Ethnicity: Korean (father), Mexican-American (mother)
Languages: Fluent Korean, Spanish, and English. Currently studying Japanese and French.

- Went to Elementary school and beginning of middle school in NYC, but finished middle school and high school (SOPA) in Korea.

- Grew up speaking Korean and English at home, and later added Spanish.

- Mother works a small office job while father works as a limo driver in America, but they make enough income to be satisfied. Her parents currently live a comfortable life in the United States with no debts thanks to Luna.

- Always participated in dance competitions, school theater, and talent shows. 

- Since middle school, she participated for random busking gigs on the street on her way back from school (without her parent's knowledge at first). She gained confidence from her singing gigs in Manhattan and gained recognition for her vocals in Korea. 

- She was street casted by a Big Hit audition caster in Korea while busking. She was stopped and asked to audition because of her vocals, but at the audition it was discovered that she was capable of much more after she portrayed her dancing abilities.

- She came to Korea to become a trainee and auditioned for SM Entertainment (rejected), JYP Entertainment (accepted), YG Entertainment (rejected), CUBE Entertainment (accepted), and Fantagio Entertainment (accepted), but ultimately chose Big Hit.

- She listens to all types of music, some of which include K-pop, Jazz, Hip-hop, R&B/Soul, and Reggaeton which she has mentioned in interviews/radio shows give her inspiration to continue in the industry. "Music is a language we might not understand, but we all feel music to understand." 

- Is well-known and admired in the K-pop scene for her strong and soothing vocals, her ability to control her voice and tone easily on stage, charismatic performances, dance, and has been listed as one of the most natural K-pop female beauties of all time. 

- Shows an interest in acting, MCing, fashion design, and modeling. She also loves to do karaoke with the members. 

- In the beginning it was unclear what line Luna should join (Rap/Vocal/Dance) but in the end it was decided by Luna and Bang Shi-Hyuk she would just shift between all 3 categories because she is capable of filling the gaps.

- Received criticism when she first debuted because she was not used certain Korean standards and untold cultural rules since she was raised in America. For example, when she would greet elders/sunbaes she would shake hands instead of bowing. Since then, she has worked hard to perfect her Korean manners and language, and now fits in well in society.

- Debuted with BTS on June 13, 2013 (Age 17)!