The referee felt for his coin in his front shirt pocket and realized his didn't have it. "Excuse me for one second. Continue your introductions." He said and walked away before we could respond.

"Sylvia Mason," I said and held out my hand to shake. The dark skinned boy with the buzzcut and the blonde boy both eyed my hand with disgust.

"So this is the bitch they let play with the big boys. Who'd you blow to get this gig?" Buzzcut sneered. I had a feeling he would have crossed his arms if people weren't watching from afar.

I felt Finn tense beside me but I refused to do such thing. "The only dick that got me here was my father's when I was conceived. I'd shut the fuck up if I were you because I'm the one whose been scouted since sophomore year." I bit back like I was ready to attack.

"The only reason you're on this team is because your rich daddy made a stink and the superintendent wants money. I wouldn't be surprised if they took you in just to be eye candy for the guys." The blonde one spat. He seemed to notice the tension in Finn's stance so he was all too happy to point it out. "What about you Riley? She fuck you good so now you get all defensive? You're pussy whipped."

Finn took a step toward but I put my hand in his arm and he stopped. At least that knocked some sense into him. We didn't need our captain thrown out for a fight in our second game of preseason.

"Watch it, Coleman." Finn growled when Blondie took an intimidating step closer. It only fueled him more.

"No need to be aggressive, bro. I'm just pointing out the obvious. She must be real tight if you're getting this worked up. Mind if I take her for a spin one night?"

"Sorry. Douche bags aren't really my type."

"Honey you're with the king of douche bags." Buzzcut butted in while eying Finn before turning back to me. "How about you sit yourself out on this one. Girls aren't meant to play on the field with us."

"How about you shut your sorry mother fucking mouth before I shut it for you." I growled deeper than Finn did. This time it was Finn who put his hand on my shoulder to keep me back.

"Keep your bitch on a tighter leash, Riley. Don't give 'er enough room to bite you." Blondie laughed.

He opened his mouth to respond when the referee re-appeared with the coin. Everyone resumed their casual stances but now all our faces were scowling. "Okay. First we are going to flip for the jerseys. Heads Groton switches. Tails New Canaan switches."

We patiently waited for the coin to flip and land on the ground. It was heads. Finn and I pulled off out jerseys leaving me in a sports bra as I switched. I saw Buzzcut mouth 'whore' and Finn saw it too. His jaw clenched and I rolled my eyes subtly.

On the next coin flip we won so we got to choose the side of the field Sam will start on. We choose the left side because the sun was setting on the left. By the time we switched sides the sun would be gone completely. This way the light wouldn't be in his eyes.

When the captains meeting was over we both angrily speed walked to our bench were the team was waiting. Coach was busy talking to the other coach off to the side. We both took off our jerseys yet again to put on our pads. Everyone seemed to pick up on the aggressive nature at which I was suiting up. Beside me, Finn was pulling his straps so hard I thought they might snap.

"What's up with you two?" Sam asked hesitantly. My fingers were so tense and ridged that I fumbled with my gloves when the question was asked.

"Take a breather, Sylvia. We need you on your best." Finn muttered quietly so only the four of us could hear.

I knew it wasn't his fault but his words caused me too snap on him. "Oh really? Is this you keeping me on a tighter leash. Fuck you, Finn." I spat and shoved my helmet onto my head.

Chris inhaled a sharp breath like he knew what happened. He probably did. It was obvious that I was more upset then Finn and there would be no other reason for me to be acting like this.

I felt Finn grab my arms and spin me to face him. He had his helmet on too, but I could still see the anger and intensity in his green eyes easily. "I know you're pissed off but don't take this out on me. If you can't pull it together than tell me now."

"I'm fine." Was all I replied before shouldering his tight grip off my arms. I was about to walk away when Finn grabbed my arm as I walked past him.

"Next time I see him, when we aren't on the field, I'll help you beat the crap out of him." He whispered in my ear through the helmet. I grunted approval in response and walked to the defense side of the bench. Sam followed in my wake.

"I want this new formation to work. This isn't a real game but play it like it is. If we want more respect for our section then we need to play like we carry this team. Not the other way around." I said to Josh, Jake, and Luke. Sam voiced his agreement.

There was a whistle in the background signaling that it was time to get into positions. "Josh your subbing. Luke get right. Jake get left." They nodded in agreement before shuffling to their spots. I took my time crossing the field with Sam walking by my side.

"Don't let those assholes get to you. You deserve a spot on this team. You'll just have to prove it to them." He said under his breath as we walked by Coleman. He was center attack. Great. Now I would have to guard him all game.

"I plan on it."