Chapter 03

Al's point of view

-Come on, just one little kiss- he slurred in my ear seductively blowing hot sweet breath in my neck.

I turned to him smirking and asked just as sweetly through the blaring music of the stereo.

-As appealing as it sounds, my book seems way more interested, keep painting- I replied returning my gaze to the physics book.

He pouted and gave me the "look". Yeah... well you see, Lucque was the kind of boy that any girl would kill to have more than just a few words with. Somehow luck had decided that he had to be paired up with me. Do not misunderstand me. He was charming, smart, loving, and fun to be and had looks enough for his soon to be family. You couldn't help but to like him or fall for him. He was my most beloved friend and I was grateful for that except he had an awful taste in women. They usually were stuck up snobs dazzled by his looks and as soon as they figure up that he had me as best friend they would either think I was "supper hot" and we could do a three some or I was probably more than just a friend and was lusting after him...yeah right, as if...

I could not care less what they thought of me and we could even joke about It, but at the end he would have to break up with them for not being enough to "keep around". He is smart, I rest my case.

The fresh smell of paint was simply intoxicating for which I had to step off my bedroom. Lucque had insisted that he could not allow me to sleep in my room until it was at least painted for me to re use it as a big blackboard. I was the kind of person that would usually have mind blowing ideas and to keep them I would use any at my disposition. The consequence was having to paint my room at least once a month.

-Grab me a beer! - He shouted from my room.

-You do know we are on campus, meaning we cannot have alcohol indoors do you? - I replied dryly going to the kitchen to grab him a coke.-Besides, you are driving back .Aren't you? - I heard him scoff to my comment while going back.

Though Lucque was older than me for three years, somehow I usually ended up having to babysit him and going to college at Aix-Marseille University made no difference in our roles so we kept spending our summer breaks together and drive back to my boarding school on his way to Marseille so that we could spend every free second we had available.

-Here- I tossed him the coke into his empty hand while his other kept painting the wall. He put it away after few sips and turned to me.

-Well look around, you like it? - He asked walking to the bathroom in the next room to wash his hands and leaving me to get familiar with the turquoise and white walls.

He had kept the ceiling white to make it look even higher just like my room at home. My furniture hadn't arrived yet and the only thing in my bedroom was the white psychiatry chair next to the balcony where my book and blanket still waited for me to return. My black guitar case rested next to my suitcase in the farther corner next to my book shelves covered by the plastic.

I took my guitar case and took one of my oldest precious memories to allow myself take the guitar inside it. I grazed softly the chords barely making any sense at all until I decided on an old lullaby that I used to play to scare the nightmares away. The sound of a familiar voice echoed with the notes and the long used spell came back looking at his gray eyes in the doorway while he rested gazing me calmly.

I surprised myself to find my voice raising with his and his pleasure showed in his deep gray eyes, we kept singing for a while until the last notes faded away leaving me sleepy like always. His ringtone of "Aqua Barbie girl" echoed from his cell. He raised a perfect eyebrow at my direction but I only shrugged as my only answer, he answered his phone eyes still trained on me as his lovely candy arm shrieked in his cell and realization dawned him only making him chuckle while I kept my fingers playing with the chords training my stare to the floor and my ears to the notes and not to the awful sound of her voice.

No luck.

-But baby, I really miss you. We haven't spent alone time in a while and I thought that maybe we could catch up NOW- Meaning, I know you are spending time with your bloody best friend and have been ignoring my calls all summer, I'M YOUR GIRLFRIEND FOR PETE'S SAKE...and jazz. Lucque cringed at her words but kept his cool manners and answered.

-I'm on my way there- He lied smoothly and I looked up from my guitar to smirk mischievously at his lying-I had to take a detour but should be there around 7:00 in the afternoon-he shook his head.

-Oh...- There was a silent moment and she cut back-I'll be waiting for you in that..

-I'll be there- He cut her midsentence blushing softly as I tried to muffle my giggles

-I really hope so- She slurred in a slutty way

He groaned softly and avoided my glare at all cost.

-Later- He replied curtly to close his cell and not even wait another embarrassing word from her.

I simply laughed at his sour expression and he groaned running his hand through his face tiredly, which only made me laugh harder.

-Ok, no funny comments about this. It never happened-He announced trying to sound serious, but his lips twitched with amusement but he didn't add anything.

I nodded and placed away my guitar to walk him to the parking lot and bid him farewell once again...