Prologue

PROLOGUE

Germay, 1453

I felt rain drops caress my skin and a pounding headache. A sweet smell filled my nostril and two small arms reached for my body slowly and careful, soon I understood why when I noticed the pain shooting through my chest. I groaned in pain but the arms now pressed me against a small frame. I tried looking up but all I saw was the blurred image of deep green and gray.

I kept myself still trying to escape the hurting in my chest when a soft voice whispered by my ear sending goose bumps to all my body. I recognized an angel's voice speaking at me in a sad tone.

-"It's all my fault..."-She whispered -"I am deeply sorry"- She said rocking me between sobs. Her sole voice was able to soothe the pain enough to let me think of her words-"I will make everything better, I promise my love. I love you, I love you, I love you..."- She chanted over and over .

My body ached to soothe her pain away but my limbs couldn't move. Why was the angel so sad? I tried to lick my dry lips and try to calm her with words, assure her that everything was going to be fine but as I licked my lips I tasted something salty.

They were tears...

Before I could react darkness summoned me and I couldn't open my eyes anymore.