Willow sat alone on her bed; hugging a pillow to her chest. She was wide awake. She knew that she'd never get sleep because of Yoshiro. Whenever she closed her eyes, she saw Yoshiro. Her heart couldn't take much longer of being apart from him, but she couldn't muster up the courage to go find him again. He said something along the lines of not wanting to see her anymore. She knew she'd be useless to him if she went to see him. She felt played. She knew nobody would ever truly love her. She knew she'd never find true love anywhere.

In the real world, she was never able to blend in with the crowd. Nobody ever wanted to be her friend. She'd never belong anywhere. She knew that. She knew she didn't belong in this book either.

She let her fresh tears fall down her cheek. She felt so lost when she was alone. Nobody had ever truly wanted her because of who she was. The only thing she saw that mattered to everyone was: status, wealthiness, beauty and popularity. Nothing mattered about personality or anything inside. She didn't want to fall asleep. She didn't want to sleep. She stared out the window and hoped that she could talk to someone. Anyone...

***

"Good morning!" Willow walked through the halls and greeted everyone she saw with a smile. She straightened the apron that was on her knee length dress. Her hair was pinned back into a bun.

"Morning." Kyle walked past Willow. Willow turned.

"That's not a good way to greet someone." Willow sighed. She ran and blocked Kyle's way. "What's wrong with you?"

"N-nothing. It's nothing." Kyle looked away.

"Look at my face and tell me it's nothing." Willow said. Kyle slowly looked at her face. He knew her face was beautiful. The dress she wore outlined her curves and her small breasts.

"It's nothing Willow. I promise." Kyle gave willow a quick hug and walked off. Willow was stunned. She was shocked he hugged her.

"Morning princess." Arms wrapped around her waist and the man behind her placed a kiss her neck.

"Excuse you." She turned and pushed herself away from him. "That's no way to treat someone Jack." She placed her hands on her hips.

"It's so lively this morning." Philip slowly walks out of his room and rubs his eyes.

"Good morning Philip!" Willow smiled.

"Uh... morning..." he looked away and re-entered his room.

"What's wrong with everyone this morning?" Willow asked herself.

"Maybe nobody wants to see you." Jack suggested.

"No. That's not it... oh well." She shrugged and walked down to William's room.

"William!" She knocked on the door a few times.

"Come in." William said. Willow opened the door.

"Good morning William!" She smiled as she walked in.

"Morning sunshine." William smiled back at her from behind his desk.

"Have you been working all night?" She asked.

"No. I haven't." William smiled up at Willow. Willow leaned closer to his face. She narrowed her eyes.

"Liar." She whispered.

"I lied. I'm sorry. I have to get this work done before tomorrow and there's still so much to do. I still-"

"Nuh-Uh! I'm not hearing it. Get into bed and go to sleep. Sleep is important to your health. What would your people say if they knew that their ruler didn't take care of himself?" Willow pulled William and pushed him into his bed. "Go to sleep."

"Okay. I will never win against you." William smiled before closing his eyes.

"Night." She smiled and left the room.

"So. What are you gonna do now?" Jack asked.

"That is none of your business. Stop following me like a little duckling please." She turned and smiled at Jack.

"Never. I'd never leave my princess' side."

"Then I'll leave yours." She jumped out the window.

"Willow!" Jack looked out the window in panic. Destan happened to pass by down below, and caught Willow; who fell from above.

"Good morning Destan." She smiled.

"Why are you acting like this?" Destan stared at her with cold, piercing eyes.

"What? What do you mean? This is how I always act. Nothing is wrong." Willow smiled.

"I saw you crying last night. And all of those nights you stayed inside, cooped up in your room." Willow's eyes opened wide. "Who did it? Who did this to you?" The shield she put up around her heart broke into a million pieces. He knew. Destan had already figured it out. What else did he know? Did he actually know who did it?

A tear slipped down her cheek and she began to shake. Destan began walking. He walked in the direction of the forest. Willow covered her face with her hands. Destan placed her down on the ground. Willow looked up at him. The only thought that came into her mind was that he was going to leave her there, and then come back when he thought she would be done crying. That's what her father did to her.

She didn't expect what happened next. Not at all.

Destan sat and leaned against the tree. He pulled Willow into his arms and, had his arms around her and stroked her hair.

"Cry until you can't cry anymore. Nobody will see the tears and feelings you bottle up. You've been through so much hurt. I want to help make that go away. So, please. Let your beautiful eyes cry until they can't anymore. I promise I'll stay by your side until you don't want me to." Willow felt so many more tears well up in her eyes. She held onto his shirt and buried her face into his chest.

After Willow cried, she felt like staying in his arms were the best thing to do. His heart beat was calming to her. She didn't understand why she felt so calm in his arms. She felt better after crying.

"Willow. Do you feel better now?" Destan asked as he continued to rub her back.

"Yeah. Thanks." Willow began to sit up, but Destan pulled her back into his chest. Willow didn't say anything to Destan, but she wasn't sure what the hug meant. Was it meant to comfort her, or was it for something else?

"I want you to know that I really care about you. I don't want you to give others the same special moments like you have given me. I want to remain special to you." Destan whispered into her ear.

"You will always remain special to me. That will never change. I promise." Willow wrapped her arms around Destan. "And I need you to promise me one thing."

"What is it?"

"Don't worry about me anymore. I'll be okay." Her arms tightened around him.

"Willow. I can't. I will always worry about you." Destan hugged her tightly.

"I don't need you worrying about me. You have your own things to worry about." Willow pushed away from him.

"Willow. How do you want me to say this?" Destan brought her back into his arms.

"Destan! Let go!"

"I won't. I will never let go of you. Even if the world was ending, I will never stop loving you. I won't give up on you, even if you told me to." Destan tightened his grip on her.

"Destan! I said let go!" Willow yelled. Once she was free from him, she ran; deeper into the forest. Destan blinked. When he reopened his eyes, Willow was gone from his view.

Willow ran as fast and as far as she could. She couldn't handle anything emotional right now. It was too much for her to take in. With her vision blurred and the rocky path she took, she didn't see the cliff she was about to jump off of...