Chapter 1

Ellie's POV

"Girl I can't find any showss it pisses me the fuck off!" I shout while I'm sitting in front of the TV, hoping to find a show or at least a movie to watch.

Laura is in the kitchen, cooking some noodles for us both to eat since we are starving to death.

To be honest, she has been an unbelievably good friend until today, we know each other for 8 years now plus we live together in a little flat in L.A. To mention what kind of people we're like, the first thing to say is she's way crazier than me and a huge party lover. Sometimes she even comes back home pretty late by having 'a little fun' with some guys from the club she goes to every Friday night. Honestly, she has completely changed after her breakup with her ex. He cheated on her a couple times so she was so damn broken and depressed that she didn't want to love anyone ever again. She just started living her life, going to clubs and she didn't even give a shit about love and feelings. That's how she became a "party monster" you could say.

Even though she's the complete opposite from me, I still love her the way she is, she is a part of my whole life, she is my family. It's not that we never fight, of course we do, which is completely natural, I mean can you even think of a long friendship without fighting or arguing? I don't think so. Anyway, all I'm trying to say is she is like an unbiological sister to me, she always had my back and was there for me when I was at my worst. I don't think I deserve her at all.

And then there is me: I'm the shy one, I never loved to party since I prefer the silence around me.

Also, I have a boyfriend, which was another reason why I wasn't the type Laura actually was. We have been a couple for one and a half years to be exact. I know him from the high school I went to two years ago, he is a very cute and nice guy, not like the rest. That's why I fell in love with him. Nathan was different. I knew that from the beginning when I met him. There is just one weird thing that pops in my mind quickly: sometimes he refuses to tell me what he is up to which makes me overthink a lot and every time I ask him why he wouldn't tell me what he does, the usual answer I receive all the time is 'It's not important'. I could tell you he sounds a little annoyed when I do that.

Honestly, this happened to me a lot recently. I even told Laura about the situation and all she says is 'be careful with him' as she knows that Nathan has been acting very weird lately. Was there something she knew about? God I don't even know. Maybe I'm just too curious.

"The food is readyyy!!" She sings as she makes her way to the living room, handing a bowl of noodles to me and throwing herself on the couch.

"Oooo finallyyy" I widen my eyes as I twist my fork to wrap the noodles around it and start to eat like a dog that hasn't eaten for 15 hours or so. Laura looks at me, giggling and starting to eat her noodles just like I do.

"Any plans for today?" She asks after finishing her food real quick.

"Nope. Nathan called me saying he will be pretty busy today, so I will just stay at home watching the blank wall since there is nothing else to do. The usual shit." I say while my voice gets lower.

"Mh okay" She looks at me, while she kinda seems to feel sad for me, standing up, taking my empty bowl as well, making her way to the kitchen again and washing the dishes. I join her since I can't let her do all the cleaning by herself. I clean up the kitchen and later the living room.

As we finish the cleaning and stuff, we go back to the living room again to chill for a while, checking up our social medias, not talking to each other for like 30 minutes.

Later Laura breaks the silence by telling me if I want to come to the club with her tonight.

"Laura you know me, I won't enjoy it. I don't wanna come." I tell her but deep down I feel like joining her to make her happy since she is trying to cheer me up.