"Are you sure?" Josh asked.

"Yeah, you guys are still on a vacation and I want you guys to enjoy it." Mark said.

Before anyone could answer, Dr. Roswell walked in. "Hey everyone, I know it been a long day for everyone and visiting hours are over so I think we should call it a day." Dr. Roswell said.

"We will come back first thing tomorrow morning." Josh said.

I curled into his hand, not wanting to leave but knowing that I was going to have to. "Come on sweetheart, go back and get some sleep." Mark said has he rubbed my back.

"I don't want to go." I almost whispered.

"I know, but it's just one night." Mark said.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too." Mark said and nodded towards Lucas to get me.

Lucas set his hand down and I climbed on, bringing me up to his chest. We said our goodbyes and headed out of the hospital. Josh and I were almost silent, just letting Jessica and Lucas make the small talk has we drove back to the resort.

We made it inside and quietly said our goodnights has we went into the separate bedrooms. Josh and Jessica went to their room and Lucas and I were in the family suite, even though it was just us tonight.

"You've been real quiet Hannah, everything okay?" Lucas asked has he set me on the nightstand, where my luggage was.

"I'm okay, just been a long day." I said has I tried to keep my mind from racing.

"I know, let's just get some sleep and figure it all out tomorrow." Lucas said has he held his hand out to me.

"Actually, I think I just need some space tonight, I'm going to sleep in my bed." I said has I turned around and started getting out my pajamas.

"Oh, okay. Well call me if you need anything okay?" Lucas said gently, clearly worried.

"I will." I said has I got my stuff and went to the elevator at the edge of the night stand.

This resort had things for human transportation everywhere, which was great for me because I didn't like to be carried everywhere. The human room was at the edge of Lucas's room and has I walked across the floor, I could feel Lucas watching me like a hawk.

"Hey Hannah?" He called.

"Yeah?" I called back, turning around to face him.

"I love you, if you want to talk I'm here." He said.

"I know, I'll be okay." I said and walked into the room.

Has I shut the door I let out a breath I didn't even realize I was holding. It felt nice to be surrounded by things that were finally my size. I loved my family, but they will never understand what it's like to be so dependent on the people around you. I hated the dependency, and even though they always meant the best I could never shake the feeling of being this little girl. I would never grown up in their eyes just from being this size alone.

My mind raced through these thoughts and immediately jumped back to the human worker. I had to find out who she was, I had to know if it was her.

I peeked back out of the human entrance and saw that Lucas was in the shower. I darted for the human elevator at the other end of the room and hit the lobby button.

The elevator traveled down and I couldn't help but think about what if this really was her? What was I expecting to do? I have only been thinking about finding out if she was alive or not, but no part of me thought about if it was her, then I guess I would have to make a choice then right? Could you really leave your biological mother if you found her, but could you really leave the family that has raised you through a majority of your life?

The ding of the elevator snapped me out of my thoughts and I was looking out over the lobby. The human walkways were high above the ground, lining the four walls of the lobby, so walking wouldn't be so scary. No one was out at this time of night and has I walked around to the corner of the walkway, and I saw an entrance that said it was for employee's only. I looked around, still seeing no one, and pushed open the door.

I walked in what looked like a waiting room and receptionist area. There was a large desk and behind the desk I saw a large board that had schedules on one side, and on the other a map of everywhere the employees would need to be. I scanned over the map to see where their rooms would be, but before I could even find them, someone spoke up behind me.

"You can't be back here." A woman's voice said.

I turned around to see the same worker that I've been seeing all day and I thought my heart was going to stop. "I'm...I'm so sorry." I stuttered.

The worker looked shocked when I turned around, "Here, come with me." She said and quickly grabbed my hand to lead me down the hallway.

Has we passed door after door, the anxiety inside me grew. All of a sudden I didn't think this was a good idea and even though I wanted to bolt, the other part of me knew that I had to follow this through. I couldn't go on with the rest of my life without really finding out how I knew this person.

The woman quickly opened one of the doors and pulled me in, making sure the all the way shut before she finally faced me. "I'm sorry, I just can't let you been seen back here. The sign did say employees only." She said.

I looked around the room and everything was very simple, just like a regular hotel room. I thought that they would be a little nicer considering the rooms that my family were in, but I guess they weren't worried about the employees.

On the desk by the workers bed, I saw a picture of a little girl that looked exactly like me. "Is that a picture of me?" I asked.

The woman started to look uncomfortable and like she didn't know what to say. "Yes." She said.

"And why do you have a picture of me on your nightstand?" I asked.

"Hannah, please just sit down for a second." The woman said.

"How do you know my name?" I asked loudly has I backed away from her.

"Hannah..." She started but I stopped her.

"How!" I yelled.

"Because I'm your mother!" She responded.

My mother was alive.