14

Hannah POV

We were all sitting in an empty hospital room, waiting desperately for Mark to roll in and everything to be okay. We haven't received an update in hours and everyone was starting to feel the pressure of the situation.

"God, I need to hear something." Josh said.

"He'll be fine, we should get an update any minute now." Jessica said has she rubbed Josh's arm.

"Does anyone know what caused this?" Lucas asked.

I looked up to Linda and she was not making eye contact with anyone, she was just staring at the empty bed in front of her. "Mom?" I called to her from Lucas's hand, who was sitting right beside her.

"I don't know, I think we should just wait for the doctor." Linda said quietly.

"Mom, do you know something that we don't?" Josh asked.

I saw a few tears start to form in her eyes but she just shook her head no. Before anyone could ask her further questions, Mark's surgeon walked into the room.

"Hi there everyone, I'm Marks surgeon Dr. Roswell and I'm happy to say that he made it through the surgery with flying colors. He suffered a minor heart attack on the beach but luckily you guys responded immediately so we were able to repair everything quickly. He should be down in a few seconds but I just want you guys to take it easy on him, let him rest." Dr. Roswell said.

"So he'll be okay?" I asked worriedly.

"He'll be back to normal in no time. We want to keep him here for two or three nights just to make sure that everything is healing the way we want it to but other then that he should be out of here looking brand new." Dr. Roswell said and then nurses came in, rolling Mark's hospital bed into the room.

"Dad!" Josh and I yelled has he came in and the nurses were hooking him up to the fluids.

"Hey guys, what did I miss?" Mark smiled.

Lucas laid his hand on the bed and I immediately jumped off, running up to Mark's hand and placing both of my hands on his hand.

"Please don't ever do that again!" I cried has I laid my head on his hand.

"Hey, hey, don't cry I'm fine." Mark said has he twisted his hand so I was hugging it and he was rubbing my back.

"Dad really, don't scare us like that okay?" Josh said.

"Guys I'm fine, just a little heart attack but the doctors fixed me up. I'll even be out of here in time for the wedding." Mark said.

"That is the last thing we are worried about right now, we need you to be healthy." Jessica said.

"Are you kidding? We didn't put all this money into the wedding just for me to mess it up. Look alive people, the show isn't about me." Mark laughed and everyone joined him.

Has everyone talked to Mark, I looked around and just saw my family. I thought about how scared I was when Mark was getting in the back of the ambulance and I never want that to happen again. Even through all of this, I still had the thought in the back of my head of who that worker was back at the resort. I still needed to know who that was because even though this is my family, and will always be my family, I can't live my life not knowing if my birth mother was really out there.

"Guys, visiting hours are almost over. We are going to have to get out of here." Lucas said.

"No, I don't want to leave." I said has I snuggled closer into Mark's hand. 

"Oh come on guys. Go back to the resort and do something fun. I'll still be here in the morning." Mark said has he rubbed my back again. 

"I'll stay with him, you guys go ahead and head back." Linda said, who still wouldn't really make eye contact with anyone.