6

Marks POV
The way she was trying to be so brave for us was heart warming but I was so worried about her. She was clearly still shaken up from her day and then this was now thrown on top of it all.
"Hey we are all going to have a fun time ok? I promise." I said trying to comfort her.
"I'm ok, but we should get going right?" She said.
"She's right Mark, Hannah can you come here for a second?" Linda asked and Hannah walked over towards her.
When she got over there Linda kissed her finger and touched the side of her face.
"We'll have a fun time with everyone, I promise. I love you so much and I'll see you when you get back ok?" She said gently and smiled.
"Yes ma'am love you too." Hannah said and hugged Linda's finger.
"Alright sweetheart you ready?" I asked.
"Yes sir." Hannah said has she walked over towards my hand.
"Alright Josh try to get that work done so we call spend time together has a family when we get back ok?" Dad said.
"I'm almost done so I'll be ready by the time you get back." Josh said.
"Sounds good." I said has Hannah climbed on to my hand and I carefully lifted her up and held here against my chest.
"See you guys in a bit." I said and both Linda and Josh told Hannah and I goodbye.
I walked with Hannah out to a van that kinda rented so we could fit the family in one vehicle. I sat in the drivers seat and before I started the car I lifted my hand so I could see Hannah face to face.
"Where would you like to sit sweetheart?" I asked her.
"I could sit behind the steering wheel, out of the way from all your gauges." She suggested.
"Is that where you want to sit? We have a human seat coming and it will be here soon so you won't have to do this much longer." I said.
"It's okay I'll be fine behind the steering wheel." She said and after I nodded I gently slid her behind the wheel and let her sit before I started the car and we were off towards the airport.
"How many new Giants will we be getting?" Hannah asked.
"Well it's your uncle Tommy and his wife Jenny with there two kids Owen and Maya. Then you have my parents coming today and also your uncle Matt and aunt Denise." I said.
"Wow that's a lot." Hannah said quietly.
"It's okay Hannah there going to love you. And we are going to have so much fun together." I said.
"I'm so nervous." Hannah said.
"Does this have to do with what happened at school today?" I asked her.
"That boy said I was a pet and that he could just take me home with him. I couldn't do anything about it, I was helpless." Hannah said has she hugged her knees.
"You are not our pet Hannah. I consider you my daughter you know that right? I would do anything for you and the thought of someone stealing you away from me is a thought that keeps me up at night. If someone kidnapped Josh or you I would react the same way, because your both my kids. I love you so much and I know the family will love you too. In fact my mother and father said they had a special surprise for you." I said.
"A surprise for me?" Hannah asked.
"Yep and I don't know what it is so we'll find out at the same time." I said.
I saw the airport and we were starting to get close.
"Well here's the airport. Just remember Hannah I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't think it would go bad." I said gently.
"I believe you." Hannah said quietly.
Has I pulled up to the airport I saw the family waiting with all of there luggage. I pulled the car up onto the curb and parked the car.
"I'm going to help everyone with there luggage and I'll be right back okay." I said and she simply nodded.
I got out of the car and immediately heard the excited screams from the family.
"Mark!" My family yelled and I walked over and gave everyone a hug.
"Where's the new grand human?" My father said.
My parents are apart of the older generation where humans weren't yet introduced to our planet. The older generation sometimes will see the humans has a lesser race and not treat them has equals. My parents were good with the blending of the races but sometimes have moments that can be offensive, they don't mean to though.
"Dad just say grandchild." My brother tommy said.
"Guys she is really scared right now ok? Her name is Hannah and you all need to be extremely careful around her." I said.
"Oh poor thing." My mother said.
I took all of there stuff and we loaded it into the back of the vehicle. Then everyone got into the van and I walked over to the drivers seat. When I opened the door Hannah looked like she was going to faint and she was hyperventilating.
"Hannah!" I said and quickly jumped into the drivers seat and closed the door behind me. I scooped her up and held her against my chest and used my thumb to stroke her arm.
"Breath little one breath. It's okay, everything's fine." I said over and over again.
"Im sorry, I'm sorry." She said in between breaths.
"No it's okay, just calm down." I said gently.
I pulled her away from my chest and held her at my eyes level.
"Are you ok?" I asked.
"I got a little freaked out, I'm sorry." Hannah said not making eye contact.
"It's okay Hannah, look I will introduce you to everyone. There is your uncle Tommy and Aunt Jenny with there two kiss Owen and Maya. There in the back is your Uncle Matt and Aunt Denise and then of course your grandparents." I said pointing to everyone.
"Aw! She's the cutest little human I have ever seen, and also the smallest. Can I hold her?" My mother asked me.
"Okay mom, one you need to ask her if you want to hold her and two, she is just like you and I ok?" I said.
"Right right I'm sorry. Well Hun your new grandfather and I got you a little something." My mother said.
Hannah still looked terrified but she made eye contact with my mother.
"We bought the whole family tickets to go see the Ravens play the Steelers, they are having a special game and we got front row seats. We heard you were a big football fan just like we are so we wanted to have a nice surprise for you." My mother said.
"Thank you ma'am, that's very nice of you." Hannah said stuttering.
"There you go Hannah, we can all go watch the Ravens kick butt!" My brother in law Matt said.
"Okay guys let's head home." I said and I slowly put Hannah back behind the wheel and started driving.
I kept looking down throughout the drive to make sure Hannah was okay and I just saw her staring out the window. Everyone in the car was talking to each other about how excited they were about the holidays. We were approaching Christmas and I was happy to be able to have Hannah for our Christmas.
I looked down again and Hannah was still staring out of the window. We came up to a red light and I stopped and followed Hannah's gaze out of the window and saw the beautiful star filled sky. Right in the middle of the sky, there was a bigger and brighter star than the rest.
"That's my mother." Hannah quietly said when she noticed I was looking where she was.
"I hope we're making her proud." I said taking one last look at the star before taking off again.
"She would be happy, you've been the best dad I could ask for. Thank you." She said softly and smiled at me.
"Sweetheart we love you. You've handled this situation better than anyone I know. I would never be able to do what you do." I said.
"What do you mean?" She asked.
"I couldn't imagine entering a world where everyone is over 100 feet taller than me, let alone live with them. You're very brave." I said.
"I have been scared, that's not brave." Hannah said.
"Its not about not being scared, it's about pushing forward even though your scared." I said.
"Really?" She asked.
"Yes Hannah you are very brave." I said.
We made it home and I first took Hannah inside and set her on the counter, then helped everyone bring in there bags.
Has everyone came back inside I settled down on the couch while everyone else joined me.
Hannah's POV
I fell off of the counter and was dangling by one of the cords to an appliance.
"Help!" I screamed but no one was coming. I wasn't strong enough to climb back up and I even felt myself losing my grip.
"Please!" I screamed again.
I heard the tv on and I heard the whole family laughing. They didn't even notice I wasn't there, of course they didn't notice. I was nothing to them and I knew I was nothing more than a pet.
My eyes started to fill with tears and my grip was really starting to go. I slowly tried to slide down but I didn't make it far before I fell to the ground.
My body ached and my heart was broken. I looked up and saw the sliver of light where the counter was and desperately wanted someone to look in and some how see me down here, but of course that didn't happen. I pushed myself up to a sitting position and looked at my dusty surroundings. There were cords all around me and it was extremely dark, I couldn't see anything around me.
"Mr. Clark, Mrs. Clark, Josh, anyone. Please." I said almost like it was just to myself.
I then just sat down and cried. I just want to go back to earth. I want my real mom back. I wanted to be normal and the same size has everyone around me.
I knew I couldn't just sit here and wait, I had to get out of here. I started walking towards the direction of the end of the counter and I saw the light peering through.
I just want to be a kid like all the other kids could be. They seem to be so care free and I want to be that way. I don't want to have this worry about being a pet or being unloved. I just want to be a normal kid but I'll never get to be that, ever again. Earth is gone and so is my old life.
When I made it to the edge of the counter I looked up and saw a window that looked out into the night sky. There was that star, the biggest and brightest star in the sky.
"Mother please come back to me. Please give me one last hug, one last kiss, one last story before I go to sleep. I don't want to be here without you. I really miss you mother. I really miss you and I can't pretend that I don't anymore. I can't do this anymore." I thought in my head.
I just sat down and stared at the star through the window. I feel like I'm just the space between those stars right now. I want to be tall enough to touch those stars.
I stood up and dried my eyes. I started limping around the counter and then I saw the living room. The whole family was gathered around in the living room watching the tv together. They were all there and no one cared about me. I looked up and saw the time. I was missing for almost two hours.
I didn't want to cry anymore and I didn't want to face this. I limped down the hall and made my way to the doll house. I walked inside and for the first time I actually looked around. I had a kitchen, laundry room, and a living room with a tv down stairs. I walked over to the fridge and there was a whole fridge filled with things to eat and drink. I made my way up the stairs and looked at my bed room. I had a big bed, a night stand, walk in closet, and a big dresser that all went nicely with the teal colored theme of the room. I opened the dresser and saw that it was filled with clothes already that I had never seen before. I walked over and did the same thing with the walk in closet and I found the same thing. Filled with clothes. I looked over in the corner of the room and saw the bag from the orphanage. It seems like that was forever ago now.
I looked inside my closet and found a purple silk nightgown. I decided to take that and get ready for bed. I took a quick shower and put in the nightgown. The pain was very strong still but I had to ignore it for now. The material felt so weird against my skin since it was such a foreign material. I looked up into my bathroom mirror and looked at my reflection. My black hair fell down to my stomach and my bright blue eyes had so many different emotions filled within them. The purple nightgown hugged my body and made me feel like I was almost lying in a cloud. It was extremely comfortable and unlike anything I have ever owned. I have never been in a home that had money. My mother and father didn't have a lot of money and then I was in the orphanage which barely made a penny. I never minded never having money though. I was never a person that cared about all of that.
I didn't want to walk out to the living room because I didn't want to be upset. I just wanted the day to be over. I walked into the bedroom and laid down in the bed. I felt myself crawl into my own mind and start getting lost in my thoughts when I heard giant footsteps enter the room.
"Hannah?" I heard Mrs. Clark say softly has she walked closer to the dollhouse.
I heard her kneel down by the dollhouse and lightly tap the top of the house.
"Hannah, darling, are you in there?" She asked.
I didn't want to answer because I just wanted to disappear. I didn't want to face her, or anyone for that matter right now.
"Hannah is everything ok?" She asked sweetly.
"Yes ma'am." I said with the tears starting to fall both from the emotional pain and that my body still ached from the fall.
I looked up and saw the roof being lifted above me. I then saw Mrs. Clark stare down at me with a worried expression on her face.
"Dear what's wrong?" She asked.
"Nothing's wrong ma'am I'm okay." I said trying to hide my face.
"Hannah please tell me what happened." Mrs Clark pleaded.
"I can't Mrs Clark." I said.
I looked up and she looked shocked and a little hurt.
"Did I do something wrong?" She asked.
"No ma'am." I said. For some reason I couldn't fess up and tell her what happened.
"Why are there new bruises all over your legs?" She asked.
"I tripped on the way here from the kitchen." I lied.
"Hannah you can't get those from just tripping." Mrs Clark said.
"Mrs Clark please, I just don't feel good, I would like to go to sleep." I said wiping my eyes and I tried to say it politely.
"Okay Hannah I'll see you tomorrow morning." Mrs Clark said and she looked very sad to put the roof back on the house.
I couldn't tell her and now I don't know what to do.
---------
AN: sorry for the slow update but I had my college exams, now that break is starting though I will be writing a lot more though. Love you guys and thank you for the support and kind words. It means the world to me.