15

Hannah POV

"You're insane lady, my mother died before she could make it here." I said has I backed away from her.

"If you really believed that then why would you try so hard to find me? Why would you come back here if you weren't looking for me?" The worker said.

"It's impossible." I said.

"My name is Renee Marie Smith, I was married to Donald Smith and together we gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, Hannah Marie Smith. I wanted you to have my middle name just so I could always be apart of you in some way. It's really me Hannah." Renee said.

"That's what I'm afraid of, I'm afraid that it's really you. If it's really you then that means that you never came back for me, that you left me alone on a world filled with giants and no one like me. I love my family, but do you know what it's like to live with people that you are scared of? Why wouldn't you come back and find me?" I asked. 

"Because I wouldn't have been able to transition into this world, you needed to be with people that could truly take care of you and give you what you deserve. Look where I'm at, look how I'm living, you don't deserve this life, you deserve so much more. Leaving you was the hardest thing I ever had to do in my life, but I did it because I love you." Renee said. 

"You were my mother, I prayed to you when things got hard and you've been here the entire time. I was so young when I came here, because not only was I living with giants but I was grieving the death of my mother." I said with the tears brimming my eyes. 

"Hannah, I know you're mad at me and I know you might not forgive me now, but one day I hope you'll be able to realize that I did what I thought was best for you. I believe I made the right choice because you turned out so amazing and you're vacationing at this resort instead of working at it. I really do only want the best for you and I knew I couldn't give it to you." Renee said. 

Before I could respond the intercom went off, "Hannah Clark needs to report to the front office please." A man's voice rang through the intercom, causing both Renee and I to look at the ceiling and then  back at each other. 

"I think it's time that you get back to your family. They must be worried sick about you. Come on, I'll lead you back up." Renee said and she opened the door to her room. 

She directed for me to go out and I did. We walked down the hallway and has she walked in front of me, I could see where we looked so much alike. Everyone growing up said that there was no way she could deny me because we looked so much alike, and has I followed her with the same dark brown hair and the same blue eyes.  

We reached the door and I stopped in my tracks. Renee noticed and faced me before opening the door to the lobby. "Are you okay?" She asked. 

"Just answer one question for me." I said. 

"Okay, what is it?" She asked. 

"If I never found you here, would you have ever tried to get in touch with me?" I asked. 

Renee took a deep breath and stepped closer to me. "I always wanted to but I just wasn't sure if I would be helping or hurting. I figured you had moved on and you were living your life, I didn't want to mess that up. I can't say for sure if I would or not. But one thing never changed and never will change." She said. 

"What?" I asked. 

"That I love you and I just want you to be happy. So, let's get you out there and back with your family." Renee said has she turned around and opened the door for me. 

I walked through the door I saw my entire family gathered around the front desk, all in there pajamas and looking very scared. 

"Page again! She is around here somewhere and if she doesn't come then someone might have kidnapped her!" Linda yelled.