16

Hannah POV 

I couldn't believe that for so long, all I wanted was my mom back. All I wanted was to talk to her again, hug her again, hear her voice again and now that Josh is taking me back to our room all I could do was try to forget it all. She abandoned me, she let me believe that she died for me but all this time she was just hiding on this resort. She was just trying to stay away from me. 

I was so wrapped up in my head that it made me jump when Josh started to talk. "So, we can handle this one of two ways. You can talk it out and then we can put it behind us or you can bottle this up and explode later and we'll talk about it then." Josh said. 

"I won't explode, I'll be fine. I just want to forget about it, I just want to forget about everything." I said has the tears were welling up in my eyes and trying to swallow the cry that was trying to make it's way up my throat. 

Has the elevator continued to go up, Josh lifted up his hand and held it in front of his face. Facing him head on, his eyes right in front of me and there being no where to hide, it was intimidating. But no matter how intimidating it was, I knew that Josh would never hurt me. 

"You want to forget meeting your mom?"  Josh asked. 

A few of the tears broke from my eyes and started to fall down my cheeks has I spoke. "My mom is in the hotel room with dad. The woman I just met is not my mom, she is the person that abandoned me and left me to think she was dead. That woman is not my mom." 

Josh pulled me in to his chest and stroked my back has he continued to talk. "You're not wrong, I just don't want you to have any regrets. I don't want you to look back and wish that you just said something different." Josh said and then the elevator stopped. 

"I want to focus on the fact that my brother is getting married tomorrow, I want to focus on the fact that my family loves me, I want to focus on the fact that I have a man who loves me, I don't want to think about the fact that my whole life has been a lie and I'm not worth looking for!" I cried and collapsed to Josh's hand. 

"Woah, Hannah." Josh whispered.

"So I guess I was picking the explode and talk about it now option huh?" I lightly laughed has I tried to wipe the tears from my face and ignore the huge eyes that were locked on to me. 

Before he could respond the elevator dinged and the doors opened but Josh didn't move. "This is our stop." I said, but Josh didn't move. 

"I think we need to make a stop first." Josh said has he pushed the roof level and held me at his chest. 

"Why are we going to the roof?" I asked has I watched the elevator numbers rise. 

"I think you need to see something." Josh said has the elevator kept rising towards the roof. 

The door opened and Josh held me close has he went up the stairs to open the door towards the summer paradise air. 

"It's beautiful" I whispered has Josh walked towards the edge. 

There were specks of the dark purple of the sunset that were breaching the lining of the ocean. The current was brushing up against the empty shore and has you looked up, the stars were bright enough to shine through the dim daylight that was left. It was amazing. 

"I came up here a few days ago, I couldn't believe that everyone on this resort wasn't cramming up here to take this in." Josh said has he sat down at the only table on the roof. 

"But, why bring me here?" I asked has he set me on the table. 

"You always get freaked out when everyone is breathing down your neck for answers, and I can't blame you because I'm sure it must be intimidating, so I figured I would take you to a place where you could breath for a second." Josh said has he looked out to the water.