13

Hannah POV

The feeling of the sand between my toes was something that I never realized I missed so much. Back on Earth, the beach near my house was the only place where I felt like everything was going to be okay. No matter how bad things got, the water was where I wanted to be. The beach here was a little different, considering any same movement of water could take me out and drown me but it didn't matter because I loved it.

"Hannah, please be careful." Lucas said from behind me.

"Oh calm down. You're my boyfriend, not my dad." I said.

"No but I am also saying be careful." Mark said.

I was getting comfortable enough to start calling Mark and Linda my mom and dad again. They have told me that before I was kidnapped I called them mom and dad, and I see why. This was the family that took me into their home and treated me like I was apart of their family. I never felt like they loved Josh more then me, or like I was some charity case, I felt like their daughter. The night they found me with my father, I remember the look in their eyes because I remember thinking that these people were going to do anything to get me back and they did. They were so patient with me, they did everything they could to make me feel comfortable and loved.

"Yes dad!" I called has I only allowed my feet to be in the water.

Everyone from the wedding was down here on the beach, enjoying the perfect weather and relaxing before the wedding. Everyone was going to be here for two weeks, the first week leading to the wedding and then a week after. The resort we were on had this beach sectioned off, which meant there were hardly any people that we didn't know on the beach.  There were giants and humans alike, everything just seemed peaceful.

The resort had people from Earth and the giants working together since the resort had both people staying there and from behind us, I heard a familiar voice. "Is there anything your party needs?" A female worker asked.

"Hannah, do you need anything?" Mark asked.

I turned around, saw the worker, and my heart skipped a beat. The female worker looked just like me and I would know her anywhere, I would know my mother anywhere.

"Are you okay?" Lucas asked. 

I couldn't process what was happening. I didn't fully know what was going on around me but it seemed like everything around me was fading away and the only thing I could see was the human worker talking to Mark.  The jet black hair, the bright green eyes, everything about her resembled me.

"Hannah?" Lucas called and I felt his finger lightly touch my arm. 

"Mom." I said has I continued to stare. 

"I don't know where Linda went, what's wrong?" Lucas asked, sounding even more worried. 

"Mom!" I yelled and the workers head snapped towards me. 

We stared at each other for a second, both locking our bright green eyes, and then the worker took off towards the resort. 

"Hannah what's wrong?" Linda said has she ran over to me. 

Has I stood staring in the direction that Mark was sitting, I couldn't help but take off running. I had to know who that was and I couldn't let her disappear. 

"Hannah where are you going?" Lucas asked has I bolted by him. 

I couldn't answer because I was so focused on the worker, making sure that I didn't lose her and tracking her every move. I was even so focused that has I was approaching Mark, I didn't realize that he was lowering his hand to block me. His hand came down and I bounced right off of it, landing in the sand.