4

Marks POV
"You're all checked out and ready to go Hannah." Linda said happily.
"Thank you mom." Hannah said.
"Alright well we need to get down to the school or else we will be late." I said and then Doctor Jones walked in.
"You're all ready to leave Hannah if you have any problems then just tell your parents and have them give me a call." Doctor Jones said and pulled out her IV.
"Thank you Doctor Jones." Hannah said.
"Anytime dear." He said kindly and walked out of the room.
I then walked over to her bed.
"You ready sweetheart?" I asked.
"Yes sir." Hannah said and I gently scooped her up into my hands.
We all walked out of the hospital and out to our car.
"Are you excited to see your new school?" Linda asked Hannah has we started driving away from the hospital.
Before Hannah could answer I told Linda about Hannah's bad dream.
"Oh honey I'm sure it's just nerves. I promise no one will let that happen to you." Linda said.
We finally got to the school and I carefully got out of the car while keeping my hand steady for Hannah. I looked at the school and saw a small human entrance to the left of the double doors for the giant students. There was a older human lady standing in front of the human entrance waiting for us.
"Hi Mrs. McKay I hope we didn't have you waiting to long." Linda said to the human lady.
"No Mrs. Clark I just got out here so perfect timing." She smiled kindly and I knelt down and laid my hand in the ground for Hannah to step off.
"This is Hannah, Hannah this Mrs. McKay and she is going to show you what the human side of the school is like." I told her.
"Where are you going to be?" She looked up and asked worriedly.
"The principal is a giant so we have to go get your records straight since your a new student. It will be less than twenty minutes and then Mrs. McKay will take you right to us." I said trying to calm her down.
"Come on Hannah why don't we get started?" Mrs. McKay asked.
"Yes ma'am." Hannah said and turned around to start walking away. Right before she got inside the human entrance she turned around and looked at me and I saw how scared she still was. Once she turned around and walked inside, Linda and I walked into the school.
Right when we entered the school we looked to our left and we saw Hannah and Mrs McKay walking in the human hallway. I nudged Linda and pointed at Hannah. Right when I pointed Hannah turned and saw us.
"Hi baby." I smiled and waved at her, still trying to calm her.
She gave a fake smile and waved back, I knew she was trying really hard.
----
Hannah's POV
I waved at dad but I was still so scared. I watched has they continued down the giant hallway and Mrs. McKay started talking again.
"Well let's start by heading down this hallway since these are the third grade class rooms." Mrs McKay said.
I went to one of the doors and tried to open it but it was looked.
"Oh shoot I forgot my key chain. Let me go to my office and get those really quick." Mrs. McKay said and walked off before I could protest.
I walked out of the third grade hallway back to the main hallway where you could see the giant hallway. I couldn't see where Mrs. McKay went since she moved so fast.
"There she is. My daughter." I heard a voice behind me and when I turned around I saw it was my father.
"How are you here?" I asked, hearing the terror in my own voice.
"Well I made a deal with my court officer and here I am." He said.
"Please just stay away from me." I said backing up but he quickly grabbed my wrist.
"Actually we are going home." He said and started pulling me down the hallway.
"No! My home is with my real family now so get off me!" I yelled and looked around desperately trying to find Mrs. McKay.
"No, I'm your father and you're going to listen or else your going to the basement." My father said.
I kept struggling, trying to get out of his grasp, and I saw that he was getting really angry.
"Hannah knock it off." My father said angrily and slapped me across the face.
There was no saving me now.
-----
Marks POV
Has Linda and the principal were talking I excused myself to use the restroom. I walked out of the office and started heading towards the direction where we saw Hannah last. Has I was about to enter the bathroom, out of the corner of my eye I saw two humans leaving, and they both had black hair. One of them looked exactly like Hannah.
Just to be safe I made my way to the giant exit and looked down the side walks for the humans.
"Just get off me! Please I have a nice family now!" I heard a small delicate voice near by and I immediately knew it was Hannah.
"If you don't stop I will give you a punishment worse than whipping do you understand?" A deep rough voice replied.
Oh no.
I started searching all around my feet and down the side walk until I saw them a little bit ahead of me.
"Sir!" I yelled and they both turned around.
"What?" The man asked rudely. I quickly stepped ahead of them and knelt down.
"I'm a little confused has to why your walking away with my daughter." I said.
"This is my daughter pal so back off." The man said.
"No your not! That's my dad now leave me alone!" Hannah yelled and the man turned around and slapped her.
"Hannah!" I said has I quickly reached out and pulled her away from, what I now know is, her father.
"Baby are you ok?" I asked softly.
"Yes sir." She said has she tried to hold back tears.
"God how do you expect her to grow if you treat her like a damn baby pet!" The man yelled when he saw me cradle Hannah against my chest.
I looked down at Hannah's father and I picked him up by the back of his shirt and held him up at my eye level.
"Now you listen here you sick bastard. Your lucky I don't kill you right here for what you did to Hannah. However I know that's not a good idea for Hannah to see so you better count your blessings. You don't lecture me on how to raise her now because you were awful to her. I don't know how you got here or what your plan is but if I ever see you near MY daughter again then you won't be so lucky. Do you understand?" I said angrily. I wanted beat this man to a pulp but Hannah doesn't need to see that.
"Put me down!" Hannah's father yelled.
"Not until I know you'll leave Hannah alone." I said impatiently.
"Fine Jesus Christ!" The man screamed and I put him on the ground.
"Get out of here before I change my mind." I said and I stood up, cradling Hannah in my hand.
I didn't move from the sidewalk until I knew that man was gone and I saw him walk off. Then I turned my attention to Hannah.
"Baby are you okay?" I asked again.
"I knew my dream would come true." Hannah said sniffling. Has I looked closely at her, I saw her cheek was starting to bruise.
"I'm sorry I didn't get to you sooner." I said and she saw I was staring at my cheek.
"It's okay, I can take a hit." She said and then she hugged my shirt and started sobbing.
"He almost really took me away from you." She cried into my shirt.
It broke my heart that I almost lost her. If I didn't leave the principals office then I would have really lost her.
I lifted her up in front of my eyes and she sat in my palm, with her eyes red and puffy.
"Hey, I took care of him ok? He won't mess with you ever again and I'll always be here for you. I told that I wouldn't leave you." I said.
"You won't ever be angry with me like you were with my father will you?" She asked.
"No sweetheart. I will always love you." I said and I wiped her tears.
"Hey what happened?" I heard Linda ask behind me.
"We had a situation with Hannah's father." I said and then I told her everything that happened.
"Oh Hannah I'm sorry." Linda said.
"It's okay dad took care of it." Hannah said.
"Well let's get home." Linda said and we all walked over to the car and started driving home.
"Hannah are you okay to go to school tomorrow?" Linda asked.
"Yes ma'am I'll go." Hannah said.
"Are you sure?" I asked.
"No but I can't be a baby about this, it's time to grow up." Hannah said and I could tell that her fathers words got to her.
I lifted up my hand to my eye level.
"Hannah your only eight. It's okay to be a kid, you don't need to grow up yet. Your already so mature for your age. Don't listen to your father. I don't think of you has a pet and your not a baby, in fact your stronger than anyone I have ever met." I told her.
"I feel like I'm acting like a baby." Hannah said.
"No your handling this better than I could imagine." I said.
"Thank you." She said and I cradled her against my chest again and I stroked her hair.
"We will go home and have a good night and then tomorrow we can take you to school. How does that sound?" I asked her.
"What are we going to do?"
"There's a Thursday night football game on tonight." I said looking down at her.
"Oh can we please watch it!" Hannah asked excitedly and she smiled.
"Of course dear. I think Josh wanted to watch it tonight too." I said.
That night we all had a relaxing family night. We watched the football game and we ordered Chinese food so Linda wouldn't have to cook. I loved seeing Hannah so happy but then the clock read ten o clock and it was time for bed.
"Hannah it's time that we head to bed." I told her.
"Yes sir." She said sadly.
"What's wrong Hannah?" I asked gently.
"Just nervous about tomorrow." Hannah said.
"You don't have anything to worry about I promise." I gave her a reassuring smile.
Hannah's POV
Dad stood up and started walking back to the spare room that was now my room I guess. Mom was right behind him and Josh went to his room.
Mom and dad walked over to the doll house and lifted the roof and dad set me down in the bed.
"Are you sure your okay to sleep here?" Dad asked.
"I'm okay." I said has I got underneath the covers.
"If you need anything you can just come to our room ok? I'm a light sleeper." Mom said.
"Yes ma'am." I said.
"Alright Hannah I'll see you in the morning. Sweet dreams." Dad said has he kissed his finger and touched the side the side of my face.
"Good night sweetheart." Mom said and did the same thing.
"Good night." I said and they stood up, put the roof back on the house, and left my room.
I couldn't get my fathers words out of my head has I laid in the house alone. He almost really took me from this family and I couldn't imagine what he would do if he really got me. There's no way that this family could find me in this giant world. I'm small even for a human and who knows where my father would take me.
Has these scary thoughts swirled in my mind my house started to scare me. I felt more alone and vulnerable.
I got out of bed  and walked out of my house. The room might be small for a giant but it took me a while to get out of it. Has I made it to the door way I saw that the room mom and dad sleep in was dark so they must have already been asleep. I looked the other way and saw that Josh had a light glowing in his room. Has I made my way down to Josh's room in my comfy kitty pajamas, I started feeling more and more scared being alone. I sped up and ran through Josh's door and I saw that the light was coming from Josh's TV. I looked up to Josh's bed and he was sitting up with his back against the head board, watching the TV.
"Hannah?" Josh asked has he looked over to his door way.
"Hi josh." I said shyly.
"Is everything okay?" He asked has he got out of bed and stood up to walk towards me.
When he stood up I got a little freaked out. This was the first time that I have seen a giant from the floor and I saw how truly huge they were.
I started back pedaling and Josh stopped and got down on his knees.
"Hey, hey, it's okay. You know I'm not going to hurt you. What's wrong?" Josh asked softly.
I swallowed my fear and stepped towards him.
"I got scared in my house by myself. I didn't want to bother mom and dad but now I guess I'm bothering you. I'm sorry I'll go back." I said has I realized what I was doing. I turned around and started walked back towards my room.
"Hey you don't need to go back. I would love to have someone to watch some TV with. Actually I haven't really had the chance to talk to you." Josh said.
"Thank you Josh." I said and I ran over to his hand and hugged his thumb.
"Don't worry about it." He smiled and wrapped his fingers around me.
He gently lifted me off the ground and walked over to his bed. He sat back like he was when I walked in. He set me in his lap and started talking.
"Are you liking it here?" Josh asked.
"I like it a lot it's just weird." I admitted.
"Well I can understand that but it will get easier." Josh said.
"I don't think it will." I said looking down.
"Of course if it will, it's just going to take some time." Josh said.
"I just want to be big like you, I'll never be able to to be normal like I was on earth. You know I remember back when Earth had the green fields and our water was blue." I paused looking up at Josh.
"I'm sorry you don't want to hear this," I said.
"No please I really want to hear it. I want to get to know my little sister." He smiled.
I sat down cross legged on the bed in front of Josh.
"Well I remember when I was really little, well younger I should say, the earth was so beautiful. We lived on the water and I remember seeing how blue our water was. You almost couldn't tell the difference when the sky was blue, where the water ended and the sky started. And Josh the grass was so green. There were beautiful meadows outside my house that seemed to stretch for miles, with flowers of all different colors and then my mother went away. She was very smart and she studied the earth. She told me the earth was getting very sick and the only way it would get better is if she went away for a year to try and figure out the medicine that the earth needed to be healthy again. When she left my father went crazy. We saw on the news how bad the earth was getting and we saw it for ourselves outside our window. The water turned black, the flowers died, and all the grass turned brown. That's when my father started getting mean and drinking alcohol because he saw that there was only two options for our family. Stay on earth and get sick or pay the money to move here. We couldn't afford to move here because my dad got fired and my mom didn't make a lot of money. When my father got arrested my mom was forced to come back home and that's when she told me that I was going to move here and live with Giants. She told me that there would be a family that would take really good care of me and would make sure that I would be happy. She quickly packed my bag and has we were about to leave I looked out and saw that our sky was no longer blue, it was black. Every happy memory of my mother and father in those meadows with our family picnics and the games we played together, it all turned to black. Just like the sky and water did. I remember boarding the ship and hugging my mother one last time. She whispered to me "every time you look to the sky know that the biggest star will be me watching over you" then she told me that she loved me and I was dragged away to board this ship. And from there I guess you know what's happened. I do like it here but it's hard see my life before, I could have been normal on Earth and here I'll always be looked down on. I'll always only be the cute little human." I said.
Josh was about to say something when there was a knock on the door.
"Is everything alright in here?" I heard dad ask from the door.
"Yes dad everything's fine Hannah just wanted to watch some tv with me." Josh said.
"It doesn't look like there's much tv watching going on in here." Dad said has he walked into the room.
"I was telling him about my life before I came here." I said.
"Oh really?" He asked.
"Yes I actually really liked hearing it." Josh said and smiled at me.
"Well I'm really glad you guys are doing this but both of have school tomorrow so I think it's time to head to bed." Dad said.
"Alright night dad." Josh said.
"Night Josh, Hannah do you want  me to carry you to your room?" Dad asked.
I really didn't want to go back. If I was alone I would have to think about school and my dad and all of the stress.
"Actually dad I think Hannah wanted to sleep in here tonight." Josh said.
"Please dad." I pleaded.
"Alright that's fine just get some sleep. Tomorrow's Friday and then we and then we have a fun weekend planned." Dad smiled.
"Like what?" I asked.
"Well I'll tell you tomorrow morning, for now just get some sleep." Dad smiled.
" yes sir." I said.
"Alright guys good night I love you." Dad said has he walked out of the room.
"Love you." Josh and I said.
"Hannah do you want to sleep with me or on the night stand?" Josh asked.
"Can I please sleep with you?" I asked.
"Of course." Josh said and he carefully laid on his side and I walked up and laid next to him.
"Can I ask you something Josh?" I asked.
"Of course." He said.
"Are you popular at school?" I asked.
"Um well I'm the varsity quarter back so I have some friends." Josh said.
"Do you have a girlfriend?" I asked.
"Actually I do, her name is Jessica, why do you ask?" Josh asked.
"I just don't want to ruin your popularity." I said.
"Hey you could never do something like that. I'll be there for you at school I promise. I won't let anyone mess with you and you can hang out with me has much and want ok?" Josh said.
"Thank you Josh." I said.
"Of course Hannah now you get some sleep. I'll be right here when you wake up." Josh said and we both ended up falling asleep.