Chapter 24

Scarlet gripped the bolt cutters in her hand as She heard the groans coming into the basement. She moved the kids faster, she got them to the door to the city's underground and cut the lock using the bolt cutters. She started getting the kids in and noticed they couldn't lock the door from the inside. She felt her eyes turn teary and she blinked a couple times to clear them. her hands shook and she looked at the lock in her Hands, Jason shook his head and looked at her.

"come on scarlet..." He said in a shaken voice and she shook her head. She noticed his eyes water and she hugged him tightly into her chest as she allowed a tear to roll down her cheek. He shook violently in her arms and cried. She took deep breaths and kissed his forehead. 

"I need to stay Jason. But i need you to promise you'll take good care of the girls." Jason shook his head and tried to pull her in more.

"Just come with us!"  He begged her. She simply shook her head and tried to smile. "I can't protect them by myself Scarlet! I'm Not Strong enough! I need you!" He continued to try to convince her and she hugged him tightly and then gripped Johnny's gun tightly in her hands. She looked at it and then handed it to Jason. She gripped onto his hand and looked at his face as He looked at the Gun and shook his head in hysterics. 

Though tears were coming from his eyes like a normal 10-11 year old would have, Jason seemed older. He wasn't the childish, innocent and carefree child he was before all this. He seemed just as Tyler and Johnny did. Grown, strong and careful. Jason has witnessed many death's he shouldn't witness, Scarlet smiled and thought of before all of this happened.

She shook her head and wiped her eyes. She hugged him tightly again and allowed herself to cry with him. She then stood, took the lock and got it ready. Jason was begging for her to come but Krissy and Jenna held him back, Tears in their eyes as well.

"Jason... i know you can do this. Be smart like i know you are..." She felt her heart breaking as she watched him cry again. "remeber we are all with you. We Love you.." She smiled weakly at him and closed the door and locked it quickly.

Her body shook as she was now alone in the basement with the Zombies coming towards her.  She took deep breaths and leaned her head back against the door. She heard Jason hitting on the other side of the door and crying, screaming for her. She bit her lip and shook her head.

She wouldn't regret this. She wouldn't Scream in pain. She couldn't allow him to hear another person close to him die. 

She thought back to when she told Johnny She didn't fear any of this. It was only two events that could happen by the end of the day. Life or Death.... as long as she remembered those endings she wouldn't fear it. She shook her head and heard the groans around the corner. She was terrified. She didn't have just death coming but she also didn't know what was to come to Jason and the girl's, And she feared that most of all.

The zombies were now in her Veiw and she gripped the bolt cutters tightly in her hands, ready to swing. As they got closer her arms moved on their own. Hitting some she listened to the sound of the metal weapon hitting their skulls. They closed in on her, surrounding her.

A White pain surged through her body as she felt their teeth grip down on her shoulder and arms. She kept kicking and listened to the groans. Jason's screams still in her ears. She felt her blood falling down her body and she quickly thought of all her friends. Iris... Mike... Liz..  Johnny... Tyler... Jason ..The girls and even Maggie. 

She felt her legs give out and she fell to the ground, she gritted her teeth and pain took over her body.She panted as she continued to try to fight them off.

"I will protect them Scarlet! I promise you! I'll be strong like you!" Jason's voice screamed to her, strong and confident yet terrified. She smiled and put her head back against the ground.

...Her world Then Faded to Darkness....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, LaakinGangale here. I am kinda crying from this story right now. I cant beleive it's over. Well this section is. I'm not entirely sure if i am going to continue it. Please let me know what you guys think in the comments. I Honestly would appreciate it.  Let me know what you thought of the 'ending'.

Thank you all for reading... Love you all.    

Love, LaakinGangale