Chapter 19

Scarlet sat on the bed her and Johnny shared and she hugged her knees to her chest. Scarlet kept her view on the window as she watched the dead roam the streets. Johnny walked in without his shirt on and He looked at Scarlet.

"You okay Scar?" He asked her.

"yeah..." She nodded slightly and stood up, he wrapped his arm around her and leaned his head on her shoulder.

"Stop thinking so much. It's just gonna mess with your head." Johnny said closing his eyes. scarlet shook her head and placed her hands on his arm around her.

"I'm fine. don't worry." The scene from the day before ran through her head again. She gripped his arm and looked down. "How are you? Do you feel weird? Are you in pain?"

"Stop asking me that. I'm fine. You need to stop worrying. I feel like normal just less balanced. And it's stings a little but it was cut off then burned so its bound to hurt."

"But it was my fault! I ran to get the-" she began to talk but then he covered her mouth and shook his head.

"Stop that! it wasn't your fault! it was mine." He said looking at her with a straight face. She looked at him and closed her eyes and let a tear fall down her cheek as she put her head in his chest. She wrapped her arms around him and he hugged her with a smile. "be happy. I'm still alive and I can still hold you." he said and she nodded.

Soon after scarlet had calmed down she and Johnny went down to the others. As iris was cooking scarlet noticed that the girls, all including herself had long hair. She thought and nodded and took out a pair of scissors, walking over to the mirror and cut her ponytail so a little less then an inch was outside of the ponytail.

"What are you doing?" Iris asked looking at scarlet.

"All the girls are going to cut their hair today. It's a hazard to have long hair." Scarlet said looking at everyone. they all nodded except for Maggie.

"Um I will not be cutting my hair." Maggie said in her bitchy and bitter tone. Scarlet shrugged.

"Okay so get grabbed and die. I'm all up for that" scarlet said blankly, looking at Maggie.

"Scarlet... how much do we have to cut?" Jenna asked.

"Just to about shoulders length. but i want everyone to keep their hair up at all times as well. am I understood?" they all nodded, Maggie bitterly turned the other way.

After everyone was being fed iris went over to scarlet and allowed her to cut her hair. She cut it to iris' shoulders and watched as her long hair fell to the ground.

"Hey iris... How come you never fight with me on some stuff?" Scarlet asked as she continued cutting.

"Because I know you would protect me. I understand I'm a bit weaker then everyone else. and I know that you want to help me. so I don't want to burden you anymore... that's why I don't fight with you." Iris said with a kind smile and she sat still for Scarlet.

"Iris... Am I doing a good job leading you guys? I mean my choices got Maggie's group killed, along with Mike. And Johnny's arm...." scarlet paused with her head down. iris hugged scarlet and smiled.

"If it weren't for mike you would be dead. you would have been the last one and would have been grabbed and bitten. And Johnny's arm wasn't your fault. It's not like you gave him to a zombie." Iris said looking at her, scarlet smiled at Iris.

"Thank you for having my back Iris... I promise to always protect you to the best of my abilities." scarlet said with a smile, iris nodded.

Krissy and Jenna looked at iris and Scarlet, Jenna tugged on scarlet's arm.

"Can you do me and Krissy's hair?" scarlet nodded as iris got up and put her short black hair back in a ponytail. Krissy sat down first and Scarlet began cutting her hair and cut it a bit shorter then her shoulders, she then cut Jenna's about the same length as Krissy's. Liz was next and scarlet cut it at Liz's shoulders. scarlet and Liz looked at Maggie.

"Hey bitch are you gonna co-operate wih us? Or not?" Liz asked in her southern voice, crossing her arms and scarlet chuckled.

"I suppose... but cut off as little as possible okay?" scarlet sighed and nodded as Maggie came and sat down. Maggie was talking and moving her head as scarlet was cutting. Scarlet slipped and cut about 4 extra inches off of a big chunk of hair. "You dumb bitch! You did that on purpose."

"Oh yes. because that was my life goal." Scarlet sarcastically said, making Liz chuckle.

"Ugh! your so useless! how do you plan to fix this?!" Maggie asked with a bitchy whine.

"Relax, i'll take care of it." scarlet calmly said cutting the rest of the hair to match. once she was done she showed Maggie the pixie cut she now had. "look you don't look terrible."

"Your lucky!" Maggie said stomping away from scarlet and the others.

"That girl could curdle fresh milk with that bitter attitude." Liz said putting her hands on her hips. Scarlet nodded, letting her hair down. she noticed how it was still kind of long, she sighed and began cutting it shorter. she gave herself short layers. her longest length for her hair went just under her ears, and her hair was just a bit longer then Johnny's and Tyler's.

"Well now I don't have to worry about brushing it." scarlet said with a shrug, liz nodded and smiled.

"It actually looks really cute." Liz said crossing her arms again.

"Thanks." Scarlet said with a smile.

"I don't like it." Johnny said seriously to scarlet.

"Really? I thought you of all people would like it." Liz said looking at Johnny

"Nope I don't like it." Johnny blankly said again.

"Well that seems like your problem. I cut it to prevent myself from getting grabbed." She said cleaning off the scissors.

"Awe scar! your no fun! why can't you be the cute girlfriend who gets all nervous?" Johnny asked with a pout.

"Why? what line did you have set up?" Scarlet asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I was gonna say now I don't have anything to grab onto." understanding his perverted mind she blushed and hit his stomach. He chuckled and smiled and held his stomach. "sorry I couldn't help it." he spoke again and she sighed.

"You're an ass." she said and he smiled and hugged her. The day had continued calmly and quietly. no body left the house, iris and Tyler played with the kids while Liz watched guard and Maggie sat in the corner bitching to herself. scarlet and Johnny had sat upstairs and scarlet was leaning against Johnny's chest.

"Hey Johnny...?" She said and he looked at her and nodded. "...do you really not like my hair?" she asked and he smiled and kissed her forehead.

"I don't like it... I love it. It really suits you scar." He said hugging her.

"Good... I'm glad." She said before feeling his lips against hers and dozing off.

Hours later There was shouting and Krissy, Jenna and Jason had run up and woke up scarlet and Johnny.

"The house is surrounded!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it's been so long and sorry it's so short. i'll make up for it.